Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

ive got a couple friends with spacer lifts on 35s that are DDs. both are pleased with the ride. both have spacer + Rubi suspension. once replaced the LCAs with mopar, the other did not.
Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
I’m looking to put a 2” or 2 1/2” lift on my 21 JLU Willys. I’ll be using it for my daily driver (We have a 14 JK Willys that we take off-roading). I want something that is going to ride as nice as stock or better. Would like to cap the cost at $2000, any suggestion?
+1 on AEV. For price and on road use, this is a solid option. Handles off road use as well, even though your JK will do those duties. Or just add a takeoff Rubicon suspension. Mine had 35s with no issue before the lift.

OP
OP
LTLWLLY

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy's JLU Hellayella
Most lifts list height from Rubicon. For example the mopar 2” will give you like 3.5-4” on a Sport. 33s may look a little small. Here is a pic of mine when I bought used with mopar lift and 33s for reference.
084A77BC-CF8E-4A6F-9544-46D575BF9952.jpeg

That’s a good point. I definitely don’t want to drive around looking like I skipped leg day. 🤣🤣

Egralia

First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I just bought the teraflex 2.5 base with shock extension for my 20 2dr willys. Should be installing them sometime in February. I want to stay with teraflex and match them when I get the falcon shocks.

Sponsored

Coolbaldguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
I just installed the metalcloak 2.5" game changer with rocksport shocks. Because my tires are backordered, I put the factory wheels and tires back on. The ride is BETTER than stock. I think it is the bushings. They dampen vibrations and are lower friction than the oem ones. I think if you would re-use the factory shocks (shock extenstions) the drive shaft would be optional because they have less travel. I dont have expierience with other lifts, so I cant comment if others ride better or worse. I do know that the quality components in the MC kit have me expecting a very long service life from them.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I don't like AEV as the spring rates are pretty firm, the shocks are mediocre, and instead of using new lower arms they have geometry brackets that tend to get banged up if you go off road.

They also ignore the front track bar which needs to be dealt with at some point as the factory bushings are pretty sloppy off the lot.

And for $1400 you can get better for the money.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have the Synergy 2” lift. I like how easy it is to adjust LCA and track bars length without partially removing...

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
2" spacers (Tuff Country)
longer, better shocks
295/70's
Same ride, improved by better shocks for bigger tires.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2”- 2 1/2” lift for daily driver IMG_6204.JPG

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Another happy AEV customer here. AEV 2" spacer lift with AEV geometry correction brackets. Since my MOAB was equipped with Rubicon springs and shocks I wanted to keep those in place at least until they wear out. I ended up with a solid 2" of lift.

Since you specified "daily driver" this definitely fit the bill and keeps (or improved) the road manners of my Jeep.

I don't think you can go wrong with AEV.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2”- 2 1/2” lift for daily driver 20210111_170051
Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2”- 2 1/2” lift for daily driver 20210111_170037
Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2”- 2 1/2” lift for daily driver 20210111_170104

Sponsored

jkasmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the Synergy 2” lift. I like how easy it is to adjust LCA and track bars length without partially removing...
Any more feedback on synergy? Seems the most complete 2” option but not a ton of reviews. Is it a real 2”? Which shocks did you go with?

darylgordon

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
A couple of of things to keep in mind: (1) the larger the tires, the more likely you are to need to regear. There are some charts on this site that you can refer to that should help you in making your decision. (2) ride quality is a matter of opinion. Some guys like stiff springs and some like a cushy ride. Again, there are some charts on this site showing the spring rate for various spring manufacturers that can help you make your decision. I have a dynatrac 2” lift on my 20’ Rubicon. It rides great without a load. However, it only takes couple of extra passengers and gear to overload it. (3) Shocks appear to one of the most important factors to consider when looking at ride quality. Shocks, however, are like springs, everyone has a different view of what a quality ride feels like. In this regard, I would suggest that you talk with the guys at Accutune. They know shocks and will give you an honest opinion about what shocks will best serve your needs.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2”- 2 1/2” lift for daily driver 6CA8D4BB-3A5D-4E91-95C7-01F386F343DB

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
This is exactly what I’ve been trying to figure out with my 19 Sport S. Most of the 2” to 2.5” lifts looks weird with anything other than 35’s. The Dynatrac 2” seems to look ok with 33’s and I know the TeraFlex ST1 1.5” spacer lift would look fine with 33’s. It’s a hard decision and not easy to find people running 2.5” lifts with 33’s.

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
A couple of of things to keep in mind: (1) the larger the tires, the more likely you are to need to regear. There are some charts on this site that you can refer to that should help you in making your decision. (2) ride quality is a matter of opinion. Some guys like stiff springs and some like a cushy ride. Again, there are some charts on this site showing the spring rate for various spring manufacturers that can help you make your decision. I have a dynatrac 2” lift on my 20’ Rubicon. It rides great without a load. However, it only takes couple of extra passengers and gear to overload it. (3) Shocks appear to one of the most important factors to consider when looking at ride quality. Shocks, however, are like springs, everyone has a different view of what a quality ride feels like. In this regard, I would suggest that you talk with the guys at Accutune. They know shocks and will give you an honest opinion about what shocks will best serve your needs.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2”- 2 1/2” lift for daily driver 6CA8D4BB-3A5D-4E91-95C7-01F386F343DB
Are those 37’s with the Dynatrac?