Sponsored

Best 2”- 2 1/2” lift for daily driver

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy's JLU Hellayella
I’m looking to put a 2” or 2 1/2” lift on my 21 JLU Willys. I’ll be using it for my daily driver (We have a 14 JK Willys that we take off-roading). I want something that is going to ride as nice as stock or better. Would like to cap the cost at $2000, any suggestion?
Sponsored

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Dynatrac Endurosport 2" is a nice budget option. Rides great on and off-road. Pic with 37s:

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2”- 2 1/2” lift for daily driver DSCF1136 copy

OP
OP
LTLWLLY

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I recommend @Clayton Off Road
I really like how it handle on road and off road!

I’ve been pondering their ride right lift. What shocks did you end up going with? I’ve been debating on Fox or of Bilstein. I just want to make sure it still rides nice after the lift.

sam0329

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
What shocks did you end up going with? I’ve been debating on Fox or of Bilstein. I just want to make sure it still rides nice after the lift.
I have the Fox 2.0. Me and my another Jeep buddy both agree it ride more staple than stock! I drive on highway to work every day. And I can definitely feel the improvement. I believe the Fox 2.0 is not as stiff as Bilstein. I like the Fox.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I had the 2” Dynatrac Endurosport lift and I liked it a lot as far as ride comfort. I recently changed to the MetalCloak 2.5” GameChanger with Rocksport shocks and I continue to be pleasantly surprised that it’s an improvement in ride comfort and drivability. Even considering that I went from 35” to 37” tires at the same time.

OP
OP
LTLWLLY

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the 2” Dynatrac Endurosport lift and I liked it a lot as far as ride comfort. I recently changed to the MetalCloak 2.5” GameChanger with Rocksport shocks and I continue to be pleasantly surprised that it’s an improvement in ride comfort and drivability. Even considering that I went from 35” to 37” tires at the same time.
I’ve looked at the Game Changer but really don’t want to install a new front driveshaft, especially since I won’t be wheeling with this Jeep (maybe 3 or 4 years down the road when my 13 yr old daughter tries to take over the JK).

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve looked at the Game Changer but really don’t want to install a new front driveshaft, especially since I won’t be wheeling with this Jeep (maybe 3 or 4 years down the road when my 13 yr old daughter tries to take over the JK).
If you’re not wheeling the Jeep your stock driveshaft is perfectly fine. You only need to replace it if you’re going to wheel it. I still have my stock one for now and it’s not even close to interference with any components during street driving. Before I go play in the rocks I’ll replace it.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking to put a 2” or 2 1/2” lift on my 21 JLU Willys. I’ll be using it for my daily driver (We have a 14 JK Willys that we take off-roading). I want something that is going to ride as nice as stock or better. Would like to cap the cost at $2000, any suggestion?
what size tire you plan on running?

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The Rock Krawler Adventure Series 1 fits your needs and budget. Unlike the Dynatrac Endurosport, the RK Adv Series comes with everything you need to get your caster correct (fixed front lower control arms) and centers your axles (front adj. track bar and rear track bar bracket). This kit is easily upgradeable to their full X-Factor by adding X-Factor control arms in the future as your ability, needs, and budget grows. Due to the limitation in articulation, you won't need a front drive shaft, unless you get longer than spec'd shocks.

The Clayton lifts are also very good and their base units can be upgraded too.

No matter which lift, ensure you get something which addresses caster (Metalcloak uses front adjustable control arms, while others use lowers) and the centering of your axles (track bars front and rear or front TB and rear bracket).

OP
OP
LTLWLLY

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll probably go with Nittos like what is on my JK. They are basically 33’s.
Most lifts list height from Rubicon. For example the mopar 2” will give you like 3.5-4” on a Sport. 33s may look a little small. Here is a pic of mine when I bought used with mopar lift and 33s for reference.
Jeep Wrangler JL Best 2”- 2 1/2” lift for daily driver 084A77BC-CF8E-4A6F-9544-46D575BF9952

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Lots of good options just make sure you factor in some kits don't include everything you need to get the initial price down.

1) Front track bar
2) Rear track bar relocation bracket or rear track bar
3) Lower front arms (adjustable)
4) Springs
5) Shocks
6) Swaybar links

Nice to haves:

- Full set of control arms
- Front steering linkage (drag and tie links)
Sponsored