Sponsored

Best 12,000 pound winch for 392?

Rubi64L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sting Gray 392, 2000 Supercharged WJ
This may have been hashed out before, but I figured I'd ask it again in case something new has come to market. I asked my dealer today whether they can get and install a Mopar winch for my incoming 392, and they can't find it in the Mopar parts book. I looked at my Mopar account, and couldn't find anything for the 392. That said, I'm not stuck on a Mopar kit. I've used Warn in the past and I'm happy with them. But, I want to make sure I'm not going down a path that's going to lead to issues (steel bumper not strong enough, difficult wiring, crappy look to it). The Mopar Jeep winch kits look really nice and well designed, but since there's nothing obvious for the 392 in the 12,000 pound variety, I figured I'd ask the experts here. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Warn Zeon 12S, Warn mounting plate or one from Artec, Maxiumus, etc.

I’m running a Zeon 10S/Warn plate in my 392. Used to winch myself over 2 ledges so far, no issues. I don’t like the Zeon Platinum personally because I don’t like relying remote batteries that I’ll likely forget to check/charge before a trip and thus prefer a wired winch remote but to each their own.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Warn Zeon 12S, Warn mounting plate or one from Artec, Maxiumus, etc.

I’m running a Zeon 10S/Warn plate in my 392. Used to winch myself over 2 ledges so far, no issues. I don’t like the Zeon Platinum personally because I don’t like relying remote batteries that I’ll likely forget to check/charge before a trip and thus prefer a wired winch remote but to each their own.
Ditto, but they're unobtanium atm, so I will be going winchless to Moab this year sadly.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Ditto, but they're unobtanium atm, so I will be going winchless to Moab this year sadly.
You can get the VR EVO 10/12S on Prime right now. Not the Zeon but it’ll hold up just fine

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
You can get the VR EVO 10/12S on Prime right now. Not the Zeon but it’ll hold up just fine
Yeah, last resort option. I've been trying to avoid buying stuff from China. I know it's their own factory, but still.
Sponsored