Best 1-1.5" lift?

CopperMtnGuy

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler, 2005 KJ
Looking to upgrade the suspension on my Sahara. I don't want a ton of lift since I just got new 33s and don't want them to look too small. I have about 69k miles on it so it's time for an upgrade. I have the OEM steel front bumper and am adding a winch. I have the stock Rubicon rock rails and still stock plastic rear bumper. I am thinking about getting springs off a heavy Rubicon (like a diesel or 4xE) and then Fox 2.0 shocks or Bilstein 5100 (no lift version of either). Down the road I might be interested in 35s (but even with a stock rubi suspensions and trimming the flares I could run those) and I will be adding better rock sliders and a steel rear bumper eventually. My objectives for now are to replace the stock worn out crap with better, improve the ride, and have a suspension that can support the winch. Any alternate ideas? Thanks!
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
There are minimal options available. Most people aren’t lifting a minimal amount which varies based on their actual usage/look they’re going for. Rubicon take offs are a decent option, but you may get more than 1” depending on which springs you get.

Your best bet you have are spacer options or Clayton has a 1.5” lift. @Clayton Off Road will be a much more expensive option but give options for future expansion. Likely you’ll get a better ride quality as well.

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I vote rubi take offs and add a .5 or .75 front spacer if you’re adding a winch. Pick up some mopar lift LCA’s while you’re at it. Have you replaced any other steering components yet or is everything stock?

If everything is stock, I’d also look into track bars, drag link, and ball joints. Here I go spending your money!

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
JKS and Clayton both have 1.5” options, and you can buy the springs separately. I’m doing one of the two as an upgrade to my current set up (stock springs plus 1/1.5 spacer, like @Billkowski) and probably with Bilstein 5100 or Fox 2.0 2-3” lift for more flex. But spacers and shocks will get you there.

Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I'm pondering the same except I have a Rubicon, and need to balance out the sag from bumper/winch weight. I'm leaning towards the Teraflex ST1 w/o shocks but add shock extensions/bump stops. 2" front 1.5" rear, it's about 7/8" sag. V6/Manual springs.

LiVinIt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport S
I went with the 1.5 Clayton Overland + kit. Hoping to get it installed in the next few weeks.
The guys at Clayton did tell me that on my Sport S V6 (non e-torque) it would give me 2-2.5 up front and 2 in rear. I’d assume it would be similar on your Sahara.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I purchased the 1.5in Clayton Overland plus lift for my 2dr JLR. Since I am 5min away from Northridge I purchased it from them, I decided to go ahead and have them install and get it dialed in rather than me lay on my cold wet driveway and cuss a lot.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you are Sahara with a steel bumper and winch, you are going to get exactly 1.5" front and 2" rear from the Clayton 1.5 kit.

I have this setup on my Sahara. I have added 0.5" spacer all 4 sides to account for the heavier loads i run when I'm fully packed with a roof top tent.

If you are strictly sticking to 33s. Just do the Clayton 1.5" ride height without adding any spacers. I run 35s

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 1-1.5" lift? 1000002570

Jeep Wrangler JL Best 1-1.5" lift? 1000003122

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Springs from a heavier diesel or 4xE have a higher spring rate. Yes it will raise it, but the springs will make for an unnecessarily stiff ride.

Sponsored

AdamG

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLSportS
I purchased the 1.5in Clayton Overland plus lift for my 2dr JLR. Since I am 5min away from Northridge I purchased it from them, I decided to go ahead and have them install and get it dialed in rather than me lay on my cold wet driveway and cuss a lot.
Got any pics from the side?

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Got any pics from the side?
Not yet… unfortunately due to Northridge4x4 being backed up with appointments and my travel work schedule, I don’t get it done until Mar 13th. Will definitely post pics when done… before and after.

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
If you are Sahara with a steel bumper and winch, you are going to get exactly 1.5" front and 2" rear from the Clayton 1.5 kit.

I have this setup on my Sahara. I have added 0.5" spacer all 4 sides to account for the heavier loads i run when I'm fully packed with a roof top tent.

If you are strictly sticking to 33s. Just do the Clayton 1.5" ride height without adding any spacers. I run 35s

Nice set up! I installed a rubicon suspension on my JLUW, gained about 1.25” all around. Takeoff item, practically brand new for less than 200 bucks on eBay. Local shop installed it for 180. I’m currently running 285/70/17, but plan to jump to 285/75/17 and possibly add .5”-.75” coil spacers. Mopar LCA’s are also being considered.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice set up! I installed a rubicon suspension on my JLUW, gained about 1.25” all around. Takeoff item, practically brand new for less than 200 bucks on eBay. Local shop installed it for 180. I’m currently running 285/70/17, but plan to jump to 285/75/17 and possibly add .5”-.75” coil spacers. Mopar LCA’s are also being considered.
For 285/75/17 you will be ok with .5 spacers. Mopar lift LCAs are 50 bucks.. đź‘Ť