Best 1-1.5” Lift?

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe
I’ve decided to go 35s with a 1-1.5” lift on my JLUR. I basically want to upgrade the shocks and springs while adding a bit more clearance for the 35s. Also, I’d like to level out the front end as I lost about an inch by adding a winch to the factory steel bumper.

Anyone have a rec for the best 1-1.5” kit? Quality over cost. I plan to get my money’s worth :) Thanks!
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I don't have a recommendation other than you may want to consider what else you will eventually add to your vehicle. Also, consider what gear/payload you'll typically have onboard for treks. For example, a full set of Metalcloak skidplates has considerable weight as does the extra weight of a larger spare tire/wheel, heavy duty spare mount, HiLift jack, roof rack, lights, recovery gear kit, water, fuel, camp gear, passengers, etc..

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
In that height range you will mostly find spacer lifts.

Skyjacker does have a 1.5 spring lift.

Remember most spring lifts provide more lift than advertised. The only way to get close to an exact amount of lift would be a spacer.

Last edited:

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I’m in the same boat with my 2 dr rubicon, I’m aware of the skyjacker lift, but, I’m waiting for other manufacturers to bring 1.5” springs to market. I think for suspension manufacturers there is a legitimate market need/want for quality 1.5” lift kits for rubicon owners wishing to stick to 35’s or possibly 37’s with flat fenders.

In the interim I have a teraflex st1 spacer kit and a set of Falcon 3.3 shocks I’ll be installing this weekend.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe
I’m in the same boat with my 2 dr rubicon, I’m aware of the skyjacker lift, but, I’m waiting for other manufacturers to bring 1.5” springs to market. I think for suspension manufacturers there is a legitimate market need/want for quality 1.5” lift kits for rubicon owners wishing to stick to 35’s or possibly 37’s with flat fenders.

In the interim I have a teraflex st1 spacer kit and a set of Falcon 3.3 shocks I’ll be installing this weekend.
Totally agree. There’s definitely a market.

I’m leaning towards the TeraFlex spacers and bump stops with Fox shocks. Please post here how you like your setup after install!

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
Why so? Do you have it?
Yes, I have the Dynatrac 2" lift with KO2 in 315C. Stock my rig was wandering badly, lift helped a lot. I also added Rancho Drop LCA brackets which allowed me to get to caster of 6. I'd say at this point it's pretty awesome. Stock Rubicons look terrible so a lift is mandatory for me but you might want to hold on a lift until Jeep figures out the JL steering issues.

Sponsored

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
I would not do a 1 1/2" lift if you plan on adding a winch and front bumper cuz you're going to lose 1/2" of your lift.

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
There is a Mopar factory 2” lift kit with Fox shocks. If it’s anything like the version for the JK then I think it is worth it. Cones with everything’s no to make installation painless. I installed the JK kit on my Jeep and was impressed by the ride quality. It felt a bit soft with my General’s but I was upgrading the BFG KO2 35s and this added a bit of stiffness which got rid of the soft feel. Granted now I need to upgrade my steering stabilizer as the more aggressive tread pattern of the BFGs is causing a shimmy in the steering when I hit bumps and also get a slight speed wobble.

Rocco310

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke with my Jeep guy about what my options were in regards to a 1.5" suspension lift for my Rubi JLU (can't go any higher or else I won't fit through the garage at work) and what he recommended was getting a 2.5" suspension lift for a 2-door JL; supposedly the extra weight of a JLU will cause things to drop an inch. Has anyone else been aware of this option?

OP
OP

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe
I haven’t heard of that option. I got creative and ordered all the Mopar kit pieces separately except the springs and shocks. Then, I ordered SkyJacker 1-1.5” dual rate springs and Fox 2.0 shocks. I haven’t installed them yet as I’m waiting on the shocks but I _think_ it’s going to work great. I’ll post my results when installed.
Sponsored