Best “wet” tire cleaner

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Looking for a high quality tire cleaner / shiner. Want my KO2s took look wet black. Something that is high quality.
Sponsored

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Best thing you can do is to clean your tires first. Do not try to shine them when they are dirty. Meguiars Rim and Tire Cleaner works well and is available locally. Then you can apply shine. Most glossy shine products that you find at the auto store will be silicone based. They give you a great shine, but attract dust and are harder to remove. You can get some higher end tire products like Detailers Pride or Griots Garage High Gloss Shine. If you don't care about using a silicone based product, then Meguiars makes a lot of products available at the local auto store that provide a high shine - just clean the tires fist.

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
I'll offer my input here. A lot of the inexpensive wet tire shine products contain petroleum distillates. You need to stay away from those so you don't get premature tire rot. Meguiars has been a good product maker for me.

I recently found this company; https://washwax.com/ ... Aero Cosmetics, through amazon. Their Tire shine is not a super wet look but their products are really good. My biggest pet peeve is products that attract dust a lot of dust/dirt. I've ruined a few pairs of pants and shirts by accidentally brushing up against trim or tire.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Aero+Cosmetics/page/A2BECE6E-D47C-4C11-9F46-2062DD80DECF?ref_=ast_bln

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Hands down "coverall" is the best stuff I have ever used. I have tried a lot of different brands and they all suck in comparison.

It is an aerosol that lays down like glue and lasts for a long time. O'Reillys is the only place I know of that stocks it. You can get it on Amazon but its twice the price.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'll offer my input here. A lot of the inexpensive wet tire shine products contain petroleum distillates. You need to stay away from those so you don't get premature tire rot. Meguiars has been a good product maker for me.

I recently found this company; https://washwax.com/ ... Aero Cosmetics, through amazon. Their Tire shine is not a super wet look but their products are really good. My biggest pet peeve is products that attract dust a lot of dust/dirt. I've ruined a few pairs of pants and shirts by accidentally brushing up against trim or tire.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Aero+Cosmetics/page/A2BECE6E-D47C-4C11-9F46-2062DD80DECF?ref_=ast_bln
This stuff looks great. Now i need to find a good “cleaner”. Have a link to one?

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
This stuff looks great. Now i need to find a good “cleaner”. Have a link to one?
I have had really good luck using Meguiars "Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner". When the tires get really dirty - I spray a little Simple Green on them too. Really leaves the tires looking black before I put anything on them. I tend to stay with a satin or matte looking product though.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have had really good luck using Meguiars "Hot Rims All Wheel and Tire Cleaner". When the tires get really dirty - I spray a little Simple Green on them too. Really leaves the tires looking black before I put anything on them. I tend to stay with a satin or matte looking product though.
It says : “Be 100% sure that you are working with factory OEM clear coated wheels before using.”

i am running AEV satin black borahs so I am concerned whether this will be safe...

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
It says : “Be 100% sure that you are working with factory OEM clear coated wheels before using.”

i am running AEV satin black borahs so I am concerned whether this will be safe...
The absolute best that I have used for non-factory wheels is Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner. It is a little more expensive, but works great. You have to order it from a third party site though. Just make sure that you have a hard bristle brush for your tires and a softer one for your wheels. I have three different one - one for the tires, one for the face of the wheels, and then one for the inside of the spokes. Be careful though, detailing is addictive - and with a Jeep that is a curse, because they were made to get dirty
Sponsored