Sponsored

Bent the outside upper door hinge while re-installing doors and then put it back in shape using a screwdriver and hammer.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
  • Banned
Was Winterizing the JLUR after one final doors off, top off trip to the North Fork of Long Island from my town (Deer Park, NY). Did some wheeling in the sand one last time before Long Island Beaches close at the end of this month.

We come back, replace the folded soft top with my hard top. Done without any issues. Then on to the doors. 3 out of 4 doors are put back on without any issues until I get to the Rear Driver Side Passenger Door. While putting it on, I hear a slight noise of something crumbling and immediately take the door out. I managed to slightly bend the upper outer hinge :angry: . We got us a hammer and a flat head. Using minimal force, we hammered the hinge straight and then put that door back on too. Are these Hinges seriously that weak? Secondly: should I be concerned about the bent hinge long term? Has it been compromised structurally? Hoping I do not need a new door or should not be taking that rear door out at all in future or something.

Moral of the story: Never try to put your doors back on while drinking!
Sponsored

Last edited: