Sponsored

Bent our barricade HD bumper with our winch...

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
So this is how we bent our "HD" extreme terrain bumper with our winch... What do you think were we to hard on it or should it have held up?
Sponsored

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So this is how we bent our "HD" extreme terrain bumper with our winch... What do you think were we to hard on it or should it have held up?
It should have absolutely held up, that is not hard on it at all. :no:

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I was pondering your thread further today as we were out Jeeping and thinking about last month that we pulled someone out of the snow and had to use a pulley before we could get them to budge. This is a lot of strain on everything but was done without issue.
I am thinking that the Extreme Terrain "12K" rated winch plate that comes with your bumper may have been the start of the issue for you based on the variance I read about in the quality of different winch plates.

OP
OP
Projectoffroad

Projectoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
I was pondering your thread further today as we were out Jeeping and thinking about last month that we pulled someone out of the snow and had to use a pulley before we could get them to budge. This is a lot of strain on everything but was done without issue.
I am thinking that the Extreme Terrain "12K" rated winch plate that comes with your bumper may have been the start of the issue for you based on the variance I read about in the quality of different winch plates.
Yeah agree. The winch is rated at 10k so well below the 12k plate. The customer service was pretty bad... I asked if they wanted photos and sad no thanks. They could really care less.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bent our barricade HD bumper with our winch... DA289882-15BB-434C-A03E-C3CA2018241E
Jeep Wrangler JL Bent our barricade HD bumper with our winch... BC05340D-6B09-4765-BFEC-273B2CDD469E

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

supposedly they did send a new one but he hasnt received it yet....

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution