"Bent" Aftermarket Sway Bar End-Links

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
It seems many of the aftermarket sway bar end-links in the various lift kits are crooked/bent... at least in front...

Some examples:

Rough Country
1_1_4.jpg

Rubicon Express
JL7100E-01.jpg

Even Mopar's are bent
77072396ab_1.4085.jpg

Yet several others are not....

MetalCloak Game Changer:
7631-2.jpg

Superlift
ex_q80_w700_h500_SEIK175F-.jpg

Most importantly, I ask because I am looking at Quick Discos, and they are straight... although they almost look like they have integrated spacers on one end...

Rock Krawler
affrookazmvqlsijiokh.jpg

JKS
F144693996.jpg

Rubicon Express
44c2090d-2852-40c8-a759-e3d7858f7aee_1.44f21837048f95a20cb4aac6cfc7cf02.jpg

None of the lifts should cause any kind of axle width change :giggle: nor track bar core change, nor the axle being more offset one-way (>> adjustable track bars). Anyways, the bends are opposite, so it is as if the mounts changed making them wider. But they all install in the same places for the most part. JKS has you remove a tab but it's only to run a bolt more easily. RK's mounts on a bracket directly above, but in the same spot horizontally, again because of the bolt situation.

Any ideas????
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
IPvFletch

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Anyone know? I already ordered my kit - so too late - but I am still quite curious...

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
The enlinks that are not bent wil have the rubber side of the joint mount slightly loaded at all times. They don’t change the the position of the sway bar left to right.
A couple of those kits do have adjustable track bars. That allows you to center the axle under the chassis.
Track width or axle width will not change with any kit unless it comes with replacement axles. Track width will change by changing the wheels if they are not the same exact spec as factory wheel (rim width and back spacing).
Bringing it all back around to sway bars, the straight ones will probably wear the fixed bushings faster if they were made of the exact same material as the angled ones, but all of those are made of different materials.
In my experience you can expect durability of the sway bar joints to go in this order from most to least durable.
Metal cloak
Mopar
Rubicon express non quick disco
Jks/ rubicon express quick disco
Rough country
Rock krawler
Ymmv ....have fun

OP
OP
IPvFletch

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
The enlinks that are not bent wil have the rubber side of the joint mount slightly loaded at all times. They don’t change the the position of the sway bar left to right.
A couple of those kits do have adjustable track bars. That allows you to center the axle under the chassis.
Track width or axle width will not change with any kit unless it comes with replacement axles. Track width will change by changing the wheels if they are not the same exact spec as factory wheel (rim width and back spacing).
Bringing it all back around to sway bars, the straight ones will probably wear the fixed bushings faster if they were made of the exact same material as the angled ones, but all of those are made of different materials.
In my experience you can expect durability of the sway bar joints to go in this order from most to least durable.
Metal cloak
Mopar
Rubicon express non quick disco
Jks/ rubicon express quick disco
Rough country
Rock krawler
Ymmv ....have fun
Very good info there, Jruss, thank you. I follow what you're saying. I saw some straight end-links also had angled ends, to alleviate that load probably. I would think spacers could also fix this. I mean, if a vendor knew they were going to have bushing being more loaded constantly, they could have offset it with a spacer, right? Maybe that makes the whole system less rigid though.

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
replaced the horrible R.E. kit links with these (supplied by R.E. no charge). the drivers side link seems to suffer badly without offset.

$$

20181117_130105.jpg

20181209_190810.jpg

20181209_191249.jpg