Sponsored

Below invoice in Southern California?

Mrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tj, jl
Does anyone know who has the best deal in So Cal?
I've been calling around and reading a lot on this site. So far the best deal was from Clutch auto broker. He offered $1K over invoice. Also had one offer for msrp at Jeep in SLO. Got laughed at by Tuttle Click, those idiots wanted 10K over msrp.

Right now looks like shipping from Texas is the best option. I think I've seen 4% under invoice mentioned here for some dealers in Texas.

I've seen a bunch of people asking about So Cal, but no solid info yet. Thanks in advance for the help and all the good info on this site.
OH, and I'm looking for a 392 XR
Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Does anyone know who has the best deal in So Cal?
I've been calling around and reading a lot on this site. So far the best deal was from Clutch auto broker. He offered $1K over invoice. Also had one offer for msrp at Jeep in SLO. Got laughed at by Tuttle Click, those idiots wanted 10K over msrp.

Right now looks like shipping from Texas is the best option. I think I've seen 4% under invoice mentioned here for some dealers in Texas.

I've seen a bunch of people asking about So Cal, but no solid info yet. Thanks in advance for the help and all the good info on this site.
OH, and I'm looking for a 392 XR
If you talk to Tuttle Click it HAS to be Rob Trachtman only. Nobody else there will give you the same deal. I don’t know what Rob can do for you right now, but I know that it will be the best deal available in SoCal.

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
Not to be a downer, but I did the same thing before ordering a 392. The best I could do was MSRP at Rydell through their internet sales person. Many of the dealer were marking up from $10K-$30K.

OP
OP

Mrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tj, jl
Ah
If you talk to Tuttle Click it HAS to be Rob Trachtman only. Nobody else there will give you the same deal. I don’t know what Rob can do for you right now, but I know that it will be the best deal available in SoCal.
Ahhhhh, got it. I'll contact him directly. Thanks so much!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tj, jl
Not to be a downer, but I did the same thing before ordering a 392. The best I could do was MSRP at Rydell through their internet sales person. Many of the dealer were marking up from $10K-$30K.
Yeah, msrp is the best any dealer has told me so far. I need to look more into shipping a jeep from Texas, or maybe just shipping myself to Texas is the real answer.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Has anyone tried going through Costco? That's how I bought my 2014; decent, no-hassle purchase. I realize we're in a totally different situation right now, so maybe there's no deal to be had through Costco until things get back to the "old" normal, if that ever happens. 😕

jamesq

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4xe, '19 Model X, Sienna, Prius PHEV
I ordered my 4xe from San Diego CDJR at 1% below invoice or the affiliate program pricing in July. They were the only one in San Diego still accepting the pricing. Bob Baker did in June but not in July anymore. Rob Trachtman from Tuttle Click gave me 1% above invoice at that time.

OP
OP

Mrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tj, jl
I ordered my 4xe from San Diego CDJR at 1% below invoice or the affiliate program pricing in July. They were the only one in San Diego still accepting the pricing. Bob Baker did in June but not in July anymore.
I'll definitely put them on my list of dealers to talk to. Thanks so much for the info. That would be the best deal so far if it's still in effect. I think they did away with that for now, but I'll find out either way.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone tried going through Costco? That's how I bought my 2014; decent, no-hassle purchase. I realize we're in a totally different situation right now, so maybe there's no deal to be had through Costco until things get back to the "old" normal, if that ever happens. 😕
When I bought no one in So Cal would do Costco program on a Wrangler.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Costco was a zero for me last year , I ended up flying into Burbank and getting end of the year deal 12/20 at Rydell with 0 down 0 interest on my 21 JLURD

OP
OP

Mrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tj, jl
So unfortunately, Rob is at 5k over msrp on the 392, and has no allocation yet.
He did say he's at 2% under invoice for gas and diesel. He was really helpful and it sounds like his hands are tied on the 392s.

The small dealer down the street said 5k over msrp too.

Jeep in SLO said he will do msrp. So that is the best deal here so far, if he'll actually be able to do it. Looks like ordering out of state is still the best option. Guess I'll be calling Gupton.

Does anybody know of dealers in the southwest/Texas doing at or below invoice for 2022 392 XR?
Thanks everyone

Actually, CLUTCH said he'll do 1K over invoice for CA.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have used the same guy in Temecula for over 10 years and their hands are getting tied. No more affiliate pricing and no inventory is killing them. He told me that before all the shortages any ordered/sold deals did not count against dealer allocation but now they do. Limits what they can get and how much they are willing to discount.

If you can, best bet is probably Gupton or other high volume dealers.

edred

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 4runner (currently searching for JLUR)
I'm also interested of buying a 392, I'm wondering who is clutch and gupton?
Sponsored