Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I have gotten the same response from my Jeep Builder, but, was told the delay has to do with Artec moving into a new distribution facility. I have been promised that the aluminum skid plates will start shipping at the end of August. The aluminum skid system will have a net weight increase of only 12 lbs, once the OEM skids are removed, though the Artec plates will have full coverage.
I get reports that they are just finishing test fitment, then confirming fitment, then creating install documents, then material holdups, then...
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I get reports that they are just finishing test fitment, then confirming fitment, then creating install documents, then material holdups, then...
I wish Motobilt had a version for the 3.0, and if they made it in Aluminum even better. they still are my favorite overall design as far as how smooth of a belly it has. its not perfect, but I do really like it.

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
I got the first 2-door JK belly pan (Al) from Artec. They installed it for free since they did not have such a vehicle of their own for testing. They found something was not quite right so they had to reinstall it a month or so later. That was when they were in Mescal, AZ. Maybe someone in the Salt Lake City area can arrange the same deal with them now.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Got me a 21 JLURD recently and have been a little worried about dragging the belly. I've been offroading a CJ5 for so long that I haven't had to worry about the belly.
I thought I read somewhere that there was one of the belly skids that raised the ground clearance about 3/4 of an inch over the stock skids. Does anybody know which one that would be?
And how does the stock Rubicon stuff compare to this aftermarket ones for coverage and strength? It will probably be awhile before I need to drag it around on it's belly.
Thanks

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Maybe someone in the Salt Lake City area can arrange the same deal with them now.
I've offered mine numerous times... Even just to get the skid into production.

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Got me a 21 JLURD recently and have been a little worried about dragging the belly. I've been offroading a CJ5 for so long that I haven't had to worry about the belly.
I thought I read somewhere that there was one of the belly skids that raised the ground clearance about 3/4 of an inch over the stock skids. Does anybody know which one that would be?
And how does the stock Rubicon stuff compare to this aftermarket ones for coverage and strength? It will probably be awhile before I need to drag it around on it's belly.
Thanks
Stock Rubicon skids are entirely inadequate.

I don't know of anything that improves ground clearance on the JL. There were some flat belly skids for earlier generations of Wranglers but those had the transfer case hanging down a bit. The JLU already has the transfer case mostly above the bottom of the frame.

NCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
The pics on the website are from my Jeep. I'm very happy with them. Great customer service also.
Artec kept promising something never happened. Otherwise no issue with the vendor.
Metal Cloak is quality stuff and if I wasn't running such a heavy setup where the steel weight wasn't a problem, I recommend their stuff also. No experience on RockHard, but they were def too heavy for me.
What is the fuel filter access like with Next Venture? I see MC added a access window.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
What is the fuel filter access like with Next Venture? I see MC added a access window.
There is an access hole same as the stock if you need to let the water out. To actually change out the filter you take the skid off which I believe is at the 20K mile mark.

Jeep Wrangler JL Belly pans on 3.0 Diesel 1628134960340

Not sure what the clearance gain was, but its about as tight as you can make it
Jeep Wrangler JL Belly pans on 3.0 Diesel 1628135176852

Jeep Wrangler JL Belly pans on 3.0 Diesel 1628135216807

For those waiting on Artec, they kept telling me soon since Sep of last year and we are almost a year later still not available.

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I know this is an old post but I ended up getting Next Venture stuff. Pricier, but super nice and lightweight

How do you like the Next Venture stuff? I saw they mention being compatible with long arm kits which I need...vs. Rockhard.

Sponsored

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I like it and would buy it again.
since I got mine they now have a removable panel for the fuel filter.
Are the bolts recessed? The rockhard on my JK was nearly impossible to get off after some hard wheeling.

Thanks for your response

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what impact on operating temps a full belly skid system will have? I would assume it will trap quite a bit more heat underneath where all the exhaust components are, and when in Regen I bet the floor gets warm. will be interesting to see before and after temps for oil, trans etc. when towing and offroad.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I wonder what impact on operating temps a full belly skid system will have? I would assume it will trap quite a bit more heat underneath where all the exhaust components are, and when in Regen I bet the floor gets warm. will be interesting to see before and after temps for oil, trans etc. when towing and offroad.
Doesn't look like too much of the exhaust is covered. Doubt it will make any noticeable difference. I ordered mine at the beginning of August so hopefully I'll find out soon.

Jeep Wrangler JL Belly pans on 3.0 Diesel PXL_20210506_001944868.MP_2_1080x
Sponsored

Last edited: