Beer / New & Favorites

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I brew my own, so that's the majority of my stock. But I also support Michigan brewers, particularly Jolly Pumpkin, Old Nation, and a small place near my office in Wixom called The Drafting Table.
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
devils backbone.png

Another one of my favorite lines, but I've only seen it in Virginia. Since I don't live there I don't get it very often, only when I know someone is going up there, I'll ask for them to pick me up some. Man, some of my favorites!
Love, LOVE their Vienna Lager, AB/InBev bought them and now it is IMPOSSIBLE to find.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am in the minority on the west coast but what the hell is up with IPA's everywhere. I personally like lagers, which to me is a good balanced "BEER". My go to is always Sam Adams Boston Lager. IPA's taste like your drinking pine needles or something and the after taste is awful. To each his own of course, just my 2 cents...

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I brew my own, so that's the majority of my stock. But I also support Michigan brewers, particularly Jolly Pumpkin, Old Nation, and a small place near my office in Wixom called The Drafting Table.
Haven't heard about The Drafting Table before. I'll check it out, thanks!

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I am in the minority on the west coast but what the hell is up with IPA's everywhere. I personally like lagers, which to me is a good balanced "BEER". My go to is always Sam Adams Boston Lager. IPA's taste like your drinking pine needles or something and the after taste is awful. To each his own of course, just my 2 cents...
I really like lager's, ale's, but especially IPA's. Maybe it's an acquired taste but its got the bite I like similarly to the bourbons I enjoy. To me an IPA has a diverse flavor profile that is crisp and unique, that allows the different flavors to shine through. Or maybe I just like to float in the pool and sip on Sweetwater Going Coastal IPA.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
To avoid going down a rabbit hole with this question, do you have an "all-in-one" machine or do you complete each process manually?

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
To avoid going down a rabbit hole with this question, do you have an "all-in-one" machine or do you complete each process manually?
I was brewing extract/steeping for years, partial boil at first then full boil on a turkey burner. Last year I got an Anvil Foundry to do all grain in one vessel (I don't have a lot of space for storage here), and as an added bonus I can brew indoors in the basement, and use the dryer electricity for faster temperatures. I'm still working on efficiency, but I think it's mostly due to grain crush - same grain from Northern Brewer or Adventures in Homebrewing are about 10% different.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I was brewing extract/steeping for years, partial boil at first then full boil on a turkey burner. Last year I got an Anvil Foundry to do all grain in one vessel (I don't have a lot of space for storage here), and as an added bonus I can brew indoors in the basement, and use the dryer electricity for faster temperatures. I'm still working on efficiency, but I think it's mostly due to grain crush - same grain from Northern Brewer or Adventures in Homebrewing are about 10% different.
Sounds like you know a lot about it. I am interested in trying to brew my own at some point. I don't want to get too financially involved in it just yet but there is so much I don't understand about it still.

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Sounds like you know a lot about it. I am interested in trying to brew my own at some point. I don't want to get too financially involved in it just yet but there is so much I don't understand about it still.
It's really easy to get started. I first brewed 1 gallon from a company "Craft-A-Brew", and worked my way up from there. A first kit is about $50, plus a couple 4 packs of Grolsch for easy bottling (and to drink while you wait). Then I just added pieces here and there to get my batch sizes up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Killed by Death

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
I wanna get into it but hate to know how much $$$ I'd waste before getting it right.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
It's really easy to get started. I first brewed 1 gallon from a company "Craft-A-Brew", and worked my way up from there. A first kit is about $50, plus a couple 4 packs of Grolsch for easy bottling (and to drink while you wait). Then I just added pieces here and there to get my batch sizes up.
That's a great idea. I'm going to start with them. Thank you. I can't promise I won't have many more questions.

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I'm in the same boat you are (as far as brewing my own), but, I'm willing to try just about anything ( beer wise). I fear no beer!

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
That's a great idea. I'm going to start with them. Thank you. I can't promise I won't have many more questions.
I'm by no means an expert, but I have fun with it! Feel free to message any time!
Sponsored