Beer cans [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I grew up on ATV's, starting in the late 80's until I moved over to Jeeps in 2003. This is a CORE part of Tread Lightly, which is a principle every group I've ever been a part of has not only encouraged, but enforced. Good on your for picking up the trash. I try to carry a roll of bags in my Jeep every time we go out.
You know who's doing it?
Local scumbags. People who have beater rigs and just want to "Send it" and are "Just out for a good time." We've run into some of them- same type of people, different locations- and to them a "good time" equates to getting shitfaced drunk, and bouncing off the Rev Limiter while bouncing off rocks/ trees. Sometimes getting high. OR, they're dumping their garbage because they don't want to pay for a permit to their local town dump. Hell, they caught some shitbag contractor doing it on one of the trailheads to a trail we used to run in VT.
Point is, these people aren't organized, or even really into off roading. They're lazy, local trailer trash, and when you confront them, you get the same, idiotic, selfish, response their singular brain cell can muster: "AIN'T NOBODY GONNA TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO! ITZ MAH FREEDUMBZ!"
And this shit has been going on forever- so you can't blame "the kids" or "Social media" because I was seeing it as a kid in the 90's, when I was riding ATV's with my family. It's the same type of people in every single generation, and the only way they stop is when they have to sell their rig, either out of boredom or necessity.
Sorry for the rant, it just infuriates me.
How do we stop it? I wish I had an easy answer.
The best we can do is keep making efforts to leave the trails we use better than we found them and also work with local forest rangers/ authorities when we run across people like this.
What pisses me off is that some people are so tribalistic that they only see "the other" side doing it... they miss everything they're contributing to the problem.

Whatever your political leanings are... your people are doing it, too. And from reading all the comments in the thread... this includes several people here (blaming only the other side... not littering).

I have some very opinionated thoughts on this subject and in politics... neither side are angels.
Sponsored

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Recently Pabst had to apologize for tweeting that if you aren't going to drink their beer you should 'try eating ass,' but I would submit that drinking PBR is akin to chugging piss. 🤷‍♂️
I'm from Chicago, my brother's wife is from PA and they had the wedding out there. My parents rented a bus so his friends could all come. It was aptly named "the party bus". We were drinking the whole time. My contribution was two 30 packs of PBR... they call it "gut rot" for a reason. My bowel system felt like I ate a box of the hottest chicken wings.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
That guy was Iron Eyes Cody. Look him up, interesting story. People were identifying differently even back then.

Didn’t even see Sourdough’s post. He beat me to it.

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
At the end of the day, everyone needs to do not only their part at home (obviously this is where it begins), and locally, BUT perhaps even more importantly, also VOICE their concern, directly at who clearly is, the largest polluter/destroyer of the entire planet.

Many would be surprised, at how many, DO NOT KNOW, which entity this is, that is responsible, for the most destruction literally on the entire planet Earth; ). Please DYOR, and hold those responsible, and accountable for their actions ASAP.

I unfortunately cannot spell out, and serve on a silver platter, who this is, because the woke demons will crucify me lol, so do your own RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!

Einstein purportedly once said, that the world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who watch and do nothing.

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Many would be surprised, at how many, DO NOT KNOW, which entity this is, that is responsible, for the most destruction literally on the entire planet Earth; ).
Humans. Humans are responsible for the most destruction literally on the entire planet Earth wink wink (WTF?).

Sponsored

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
A clean planet is a planet devoid of humans.... the only solution.. .remove humans from the equation..

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
I catch your drift, and might agree to certain points, but the thing is, the context you present is skewed, for the mere fact, that the true definition of the word "anarchy"(which btw is an Ancient Greek word), no thanks to our Presstitute media, has been changed and replaced, by something made and FUNDED by "them".

As soon as one hears that word today, they get graphic images in their head of black masked individuals, throwing molotov cocktails loll. Hurrah for brainwashing! But I digress...🤦‍♂️
Everybody thinks it is the other guy that is brainwashed.

Sponsored

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not going to add to the arm chair analysis of the human race going on here, but I will state explicitly that whomever is wheeling Cleghorn will you please:

1. Stop drinking while driving.
2. Stop throwing your beer cans out the window.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm from Chicago, my brother's wife is from PA and they had the wedding out there. My parents rented a bus so his friends could all come. It was aptly named "the party bus". We were drinking the whole time. My contribution was two 30 packs of PBR... they call it "gut rot" for a reason. My bowel system felt like I ate a box of the hottest chicken wings.
Weird. Do you have a similar reaction when you drink water?

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Imagine how the people in India feel when our trash comes to live with them.
I got a warning "NO POLITICS" for this?! How is this political?? hah racist
Sponsored