Sponsored

Beer cans [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I so tire of the negative California references. If you dislike it so much why haven’t you moved?
Businesses and people are sick and tired of things in Kalifornia, and are moving. Unfortunately, a lot of the people that are moving to Texas, are bringing their same mindset with them.
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
20220102_095913.jpg

I just don't understand... some people can be quite rude, and inconsiderate.

My daughter and I made a visit to Xtreme Off Road here close to home last weekend. This morning we went to a potential new fun time place called Creekside Off Road which is a little further away. Both parks are quite beautiful - our adventure this morning shown above.

What I don't understand is why the F#%K is so much trash all over the ground? Rusty hoods, cv parts, cardboard beer case boxes, Ziplock bags of all sizes, chip bags, clothes...

Who are the S÷@T F#%KS that can't throw their ___ damn non wanteds in a trash bag to carry to the front of the park, at least?

I can go on, but... going to need to invest in a 10,000 count box of industrial oversized trash bags before the recovery gear I had in mind.

Thanks to, whomever.

I sure hope that none of this is because of anyone here. I also hope everyone will attend to the same in their neck of the woods.

I know most don't come to this forum for the lecture, and maybe nobody cares. Broncos, the 392, which lift, what winch is best, and the mine is better posts collect all the attention...

Whatever, I have a plan for my area of influence. Hopefully, others have something in mind for theirs.
I grew up on ATV's, starting in the late 80's until I moved over to Jeeps in 2003. This is a CORE part of Tread Lightly, which is a principle every group I've ever been a part of has not only encouraged, but enforced. Good on your for picking up the trash. I try to carry a roll of bags in my Jeep every time we go out.
You know who's doing it?
Local scumbags. People who have beater rigs and just want to "Send it" and are "Just out for a good time." We've run into some of them- same type of people, different locations- and to them a "good time" equates to getting shitfaced drunk, and bouncing off the Rev Limiter while bouncing off rocks/ trees. Sometimes getting high. OR, they're dumping their garbage because they don't want to pay for a permit to their local town dump. Hell, they caught some shitbag contractor doing it on one of the trailheads to a trail we used to run in VT.
Point is, these people aren't organized, or even really into off roading. They're lazy, local trailer trash, and when you confront them, you get the same, idiotic, selfish, response their singular brain cell can muster: "AIN'T NOBODY GONNA TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO! ITZ MAH FREEDUMBZ!"
And this shit has been going on forever- so you can't blame "the kids" or "Social media" because I was seeing it as a kid in the 90's, when I was riding ATV's with my family. It's the same type of people in every single generation, and the only way they stop is when they have to sell their rig, either out of boredom or necessity.
Sorry for the rant, it just infuriates me.
How do we stop it? I wish I had an easy answer.
The best we can do is keep making efforts to leave the trails we use better than we found them and also work with local forest rangers/ authorities when we run across people like this.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I so tire of the negative California references. If you dislike it so much why haven’t you moved?
California is a great place to live for doing outdoor things. Everything else blows about it an If your tired of hearing about it then help make it a better place?

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I feel your pain. Welcome to America in 2022. People only care about themselves and nothing else. It’s a sad time for sure and I don’t see it getting any better in the near future. I can’t stand the entitlement that people feel they have now. Goes along with having no respect for the country we love. Nobody does the little things right anymore and it burns my A$$.
So true, but to understand the entitlement these people have is to recognize that not everyone should be receiving participation trophies.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've seen plenty of people just throw trash out their windows. Usually teenagers and yard workers.
Yeah I seen the yard workers do this more than once.... I have even seen them do this at even at a busstop and there is a trash can right where they are standing.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
lol.. Me too.
Here in California there has been a remarkable growth in small local breweries offering beers in cans. At first I was skeptical because generally the better beers have historically been bottled and the mass produced swill has come in cans. But there’s lots of good and very interesting small batch canned beers these days. Not sure if somehow the technology of beer canning has changed to make it possible to better preserve the taste or to alter the economics of canning, but it’s been a good trend in my book. Are you seeing a great selection of locally canned beers in your area?

Nice thing about canned beers is that on a summer day I don’t worry as much as with bottles about soaking them in the river to cool down. When I am heading to the outdoors I don’t want to haul around tons of ice or a refrigerator with a built-in gourmet kitchen in the back of the Jeep. Some submersible beer cans, beef jerky, small stove with a few edible perishables in a cooler is fine with me.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Here in California there has been a remarkable growth in small local breweries offering beers in cans. At first I was skeptical because generally the better beers have historically been bottled and the mass produced swill has come in cans. But there’s lots of good and very interesting small batch canned beers these days. Not sure if somehow the technology of beer canning has changed to make it possible to better preserve the taste or to alter the economics of canning, but it’s been a good trend in my book. Are you seeing a great selection of locally canned beers in your area?

Nice thing about canned beers is that on a summer day I don’t worry as much as with bottles about soaking them in the river to cool down. When I am heading to the outdoors I don’t want to haul around tons of ice or a refrigerator with a built-in gourmet kitchen in the back of the Jeep. Some submersible beer cans, beef jerky, small stove with a few edible perishables in a cooler is fine with me.
Yeah I think the cans are a great alternative to glass growlers, since those you have to finish with a few minutes of opening. I can say that I have never seen a craft brewery beer can ever laying anywhere outside. Us beer geeks just are not wired like that...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
You should have seen the sides of the highways during the 1950s...and yes, I did. Trash from end to end, because NOBODY saw anything wrong with throwing stuff out of the car.

Blaming trash on generations, ethnic groups (yeah, I saw the code words), economic levels, social media, political attitudes...comforting, but non-productive. Find me ANY segment that doesnt include some people with a "so what?" mindset. You have a lot of people for whom "having fun" and "being free" includes messing stuff up....recreational vandalism. Coupled with laziness and disregard for the environment or other people, you get trash.

Solutions? Difficult...people are less likely to toss trash if they are around people they know will disapprove, but all we really can do is make sure everyone hears that its not ok.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

It’s a sad state of affairs. People have forgotten how to appreciate the beauty of the land while leaving nothing behind.

If you’re ever so inclined, there’s groups that go out and clean up rec areas, while also restoring trails.

Thank you for posting this and bringing some attention to a very ignored problem.
They haven’t forgotten, it’s always been an issue. It’s much more visible now because the volume of use has increased. Sadly the people who haul out trash always seemed like a small fraction of users. Back when I was a kid we’d pack out trash as we found it hiking.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Businesses and people are sick and tired of things in Kalifornia, and are moving. Unfortunately, a lot of the people that are moving to Texas, are bringing their same mindset with them.
And people and businesses are moving to California as well. My point is all states have crime, drugs, homelessness.
Using a “K” or calling it “Commie” doesn’t do any thing and simply invites further political commentary in the one place I think many of us go to avoid politics.
I would prefer not to have those types of discussions on a Jeep board

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Here in Vegas littering became exponetially worse once Covid hit and everyone headed to the hills. I don't understand as the fellas I wheel with always ride by "leave it better than you found it". Others, not so much. I know kids will be kids, but I've seen grown ass adults drive off leaving their trash behind. We just came back from Moss Wash down in AZ, not only was there more litter than a year ago, but there is a hostoric mansion complete with signage along the route. I guess the signs make good target practice? More than that, they decided to open fire on the mansion itself....which is made of concrete...which seems to present problems itself. We had lunch their, picked up what we could and left it better than we found it. This is how trails get shut down. More entertaining, masks were littered all over the place. Really? I have questions.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

You should have seen the sides of the highways during the 1950s...and yes, I did. Trash from end to end, because NOBODY saw anything wrong with throwing stuff out of the car.

Blaming trash on generations, ethnic groups (yeah, I saw the code words), economic levels, social media, political attitudes...comforting, but non-productive. Find me ANY segment that doesnt include some people with a "so what?" mindset. You have a lot of people for whom "having fun" and "being free" includes messing stuff up....recreational vandalism. Coupled with laziness and disregard for the environment or other people, you get trash.

Solutions? Difficult...people are less likely to toss trash if they are around people they know will disapprove, but all we really can do is make sure everyone hears that its not ok.
This, I remember the roadside bins too, and still the highways were littered with trash. Although that was the 70’s for me.
Sponsored