Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Evening Folks.

I have a un lifted 2019 Rubicon with 285/70R17 BFG
I wan to go to a 35/12.5R17 with 17x9 rims

I have been driving myself nuts with Offset/Back spacing.
I know to keep the scuba the same I need a 38.6 back set.

But how concerned/annal should I be about this???
I'Im looking at rims from -12 (Icon Rebound Pro) to +20 (AEV Borah Dualsport). And everything in between...

So I guess my Question is, From a real world driving experience how does not matching the scrub effect the following, and by how much?
- On street handling - Highway & City
- On street steering - Highway & City
- Tire wear
- Suspension wear
- etc

Would love to hear all real world experience's..... Proverbial "Where the rubber meets the road"

Thanks Boys & Girls. Cheers!
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
Any of those between -12 to +25 will work just fine with those tires. Within acceptable parameters, it’s mostly aesthetic preference.

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
I stuck 35/12.50/17 on.my stock rubi rims with no lift and no real issues. The only thing I saw was at full tuck it would rub a little.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have 17x8.5 +10 on 315/70/17s on a 2dr Sport. Scrub radius has increased but not at all a problem. I think if you have a wheel you like that will keep scrub radius closer to stock I'd choose that over a negative offset wheel. If you plan to lift further and need that extra poke then there's that, but I'd stay as conservative as possible to accomplish what you want there. You won't really notice excess scrub too much unless you're really running a tight turning higher speed road.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So I guess my Question is, From a real world driving experience how does not matching the scrub effect the following, and by how much?
- On street handling - Highway & City
- On street steering - Highway & City
In a stock Wrangler the handling and steering sucks. Adding larger tires and different wheel offsets on a Wrangler, the handling and steering will continue to suck. That's why we love them!

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Right.

I just don't want it to Really Really suck. LOL
I would check out what other 2dr owners are running and see what they have to say. 35’“s with the right psi will give you a real good ride. Also depending on what manufacturer you choose it’s doub that the tires are actually 35” you can always go with a spacer lift to gain some height along with shock extensions or new shocke. Another debatable issue based on choice. Will be the shocks. Soft to medium setting.
I have had 35`s on a stock 4dr Rubicon V~6 and it rode the same if not a little better due to the wider footprint and taller sidewall to take up more of the bumps etc. in the road.With the stock wheels. 32 psi-33pst was where it rode best with all stock suspension
Sponsored