Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited; 1995 Mitsubishi J-55 import
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any experience with the bedrug Jeep liners? In the past I have pulled the carpet and lined the tub of my Jeeps, stumbled on the bedrug website when browsing around and it seemed like a good option. Any first hand experience with the quality, fit, durability would be much appreciated. I emailed the company about JL specific liners and they said they are "expected" but no date has been set for release.
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No experience but bedtred is more like a spray in liner as far as look and feel is concerned where bedrug is more like carpet.

I plan on getting bedtred because it should be easier to clean up dog hair

OP
OP
thehaf

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't even realize there were two different options. Apparently they are made by the same company. Bedrug is thicker, foam w/ "outdoor carpet" top whereas the bedtred is 3 layers--rubbery top, closed cell foam center and a felt like bottom. Considering how much my dogs shed I think I would prefer the bedtred as well. I read in another forum that you can get samples of each sent, might have to do that to compare directly.

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
I didn't even realize there were two different options. Apparently they are made by the same company. Bedrug is thicker, foam w/ "outdoor carpet" top whereas the bedtred is 3 layers--rubbery top, closed cell foam center and a felt like bottom. Considering how much my dogs shed I think I would prefer the bedtred as well. I read in another forum that you can get samples of each sent, might have to do that to compare directly.

I had the bedtred in my JK for a while while I lived in Tennessee and it was alright... I had 3 dogs at the time so it was helpful to clean, but fur would get stuck at the places they overlapped. But for mud and dirt it was alright.

When I moved to Florida though, i had to pull them and just linex the tub. The sand would pile up at the overlapping spots and then after the dogs were soaked from the beach, water would get into the crevasses and start smelling. And unless you left the drain plugs out, you'd have to pull the bedtred out to let them drain, and it wasn't easy to pull them out.

That was just what I had to deal with though

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I had the bedtred in my JK for a while while I lived in Tennessee and it was alright... I had 3 dogs at the time so it was helpful to clean, but fur would get stuck at the places they overlapped. But for mud and dirt it was alright.

When I moved to Florida though, i had to pull them and just linex the tub. The sand would pile up at the overlapping spots and then after the dogs were soaked from the beach, water would get into the crevasses and start smelling. And unless you left the drain plugs out, you'd have to pull the bedtred out to let them drain, and it wasn't easy to pull them out.

You just made me want a full size cargo tray like I had in my JK to contain the dog water!

Reactions: Rob

Sponsored

Forgettable1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
had bedTRED in my JKU. Wont be doing it again. Problem being it is waterproof in both directions of course. So any water that finds its way underneath (common) will stay there cause it can't evaporate back out. Id rhino line if I needed that type of surface.

OP
OP
thehaf

thehaf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Admin
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for the input. I also live in Florida sand is an ever present problem. I may have to skip the bedtred and go straight to something more permanent.
Sponsored