Sponsored

Becoming too much of a Jeep guy, too quick.

Austin23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Similar experience. I rented a Jeep for a Colorado ski trip. It was my first time behind the wheel of this iconic legend. It handled the mountains and snow like a Sunday walk through the park. Suddenly every other vehicle paled in comparison and I had one in my garage about 3 weeks later. The whole family agrees it was one of the best decisions we ever made. Welcome to the family.
Sponsored

For100

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna 2015
You have no idea how this thread made me feel BETTER! There is nothing wrong with me.

My wife wanted a weekend car for kids and dogs alike. Nothing to worry about keeping clean or nitty. Decided to get a Jeep Wrangler 3 weeks ago.

I am totally HOOKED, I have spent quite few $$$s, G.A.S for sure. I am glad I am not the only one.

Next step.... getting trail ready. I grew up driving a Toyota FJ62 and going off road quite a bit back in my home county Venezuela. Not sure if my wife is going to like it, she thinks it is her car. :LOL:

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Welcome Jérôme! As you can see, your story is like so many! JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket (my favorite acronym learned here). We could all use a 12-step forum but that would imply we want to recover :LOL:

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
Clubs

Jérôme,
I bought my first Jeep two years ago at 66. What an amazing rig! I only regret not buying one half a century ago.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MissRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Jérôme,

Bought my first Jeep a few days ago. I am down the rabbit hole HARD as far as researching mods, looking at different builds, and so on. Definitely hyper-focused on Jeeps at the moment. Pretty sure my husband is getting tired of me talking about them!

Honestly though - there's enough bad things and hard times in the world. If you find something that brings you joy and fun, embrace it!

goochman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sahara, 2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Cruze Premier
Well might as well share my story.

Growing up my sister got a CJ7 and my buddy had one as well. I "liked" Jeeps but liked Camaros and such better.

Fast forward to being married with kids. Got my wife a 325xi and found out after 50k miles it starts to cost you an arm and leg for basic maintenance. Wife says "Lets look at Jeeps" - I told her to look on her own cause if I go Ill make sure we by it and didnt want to hear her complain about how noisy, rough riding and basic it was.

That was 12 years ago. I upgraded my '09 Sahara Unlimited with:
Front bumper, LED headlights and tail lights, Winch, new tires/rims, bluetooth module and prob alot more than I care to admit.

This year we came to the conclusion we no longer need a "Ford Explorer" type vehicle so my wife says to go look at Jeeps - NO PROBLEM!

I didnt want to spend money on mods so we got a pretty much loaded Rubicon and love it. The 3.6 is very nice over the 3.8 we have.

So - we now have 2 Jeeps in the driveway. I have no ambition to get a Camaro or anything else sports related ;)

huberro2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2019
Occupation
Engineer
We rented a Jeep in Death Valley. That's all it took. Hooked. Gave the 4X4 Nissan Sport Pathfinder to the kid and went shopping. $60K out of the lot, $35K in mods, the Ruben and I are great pals. Poor, but I would do it all over again. Fun Fun Fun. Ever notice when you get a Jeep, how many Jeeps are on the road? It's truly a Jeep nation.
Sponsored