Sponsored

Becoming too much of a Jeep guy, too quick.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Hello, bonjour from a still very timid Quebec spring.

Let's have a laugh for a second.

I'm a car guy since i'm...what...3 year old? About that. Any car, any truck, anything that has an engine. Always loved it.

Then, I test drove a Wrangler about 4 weeks ago. Very first time behind the wheel of a Wrangler. I didn't get why Jeep folks were so loyal to the brand.

First time I put the foot on the gas pedal, I got it immediatly. That thing's just awesome.

So my question to you: am I normal if, all of a sudden, only Jeeps are interesting to me?

I mean, 6 months ago, you'd ask me if i'm excited to finally see and drive the next gen WRX and i would've said "hell yeah, man". Now, it's like "meh...will it have a transfer case?". I mean, my Willys ain't even in my driveway yet and i'm already rolling my eyes when somebody talks to me about how great his CR-V drives (yuck...)

Will it come back to normal one day or am I condemned to drive Jeeps for the rest of my life, not even thinking of another car?

Thanks, merci.
Sponsored

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
This will be a very biased crowd when it comes to affirming that there is nothing wrong with really loving Jeeps. That is why we all come here and just talk about every nitty gritty detail about them. I am the same way, I have had four Jeeps (4Xe Rubicon on order so 5 Jeeps) and I just love them. Welcome to the family and get ready for a lot of "Jeep Waves' from the other Wranglers you pass.

Sponsored

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hello, bonjour from a still very timid Quebec spring.

Let's have a laugh for a second.

I'm a car guy since i'm...what...3 year old? About that. Any car, any truck, anything that has an engine. Always loved it.

Then, I test drove a Wrangler about 4 weeks ago. Very first time behind the wheel of a Wrangler. I didn't get why Jeep folks were so loyal to the brand.

First time I put the foot on the gas pedal, I got it immediatly. That thing's just awesome.

So my question to you: am I normal if, all of a sudden, only Jeeps are interesting to me?

I mean, 6 months ago, you'd ask me if i'm excited to finally see and drive the next gen WRX and i would've said "hell yeah, man". Now, it's like "meh...will it have a transfer case?". I mean, my Willys ain't even in my driveway yet and i'm already rolling my eyes when somebody talks to me about how great his CR-V drives (yuck...)

Will it come back to normal one day or am I condemned to drive Jeeps for the rest of my life, not even thinking of another car?

Thanks, merci.
Your last statement was "Will it come back to normal one day..."

To that I say "you are now at long last finally 'normal'"

WaX

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
wait until you get your jeep "broke in"
they get worn out a little and you are comfortable, jump in take off like it's second nature without thinking about it.

they become like a pair of nice comfy blue jeans :)

keep the oil clean and get your differentials serviced and they will last 15 years easily.

the limited slip rears get the oil dirty quick in the rears, i would not wait until 50k to get the gear oil changed. change it at about 10k miles, then it will stay clean forever (unless you go mudding).

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
I mean... the CR-V is a fantastic vehicle - recently drove one over 5,000 miles across the US. Incredible gas mileage, comfortable and had near perfect centering of the steering wheel the entire time.. We chose not to drive the WRX because it would've been a total nightmare over that distance.

Now that we have the Jeep, the CR-V definitely seems outdated (mind you, there's a 5 year difference). However, there's a reason Honda has such loyalty.

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR
I don't even have mine yet....and I am already a total convert from my Cherokee.

I've been a sports car guy. I barely have any interest in my Shelby anymore lol. Gonna get a classic 911 when the markets calm down and then call it a day. Modern Wrangler + Classic Porsche. Done.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Salut JerĂ´me ! Welcome to Jeep Life. I'm working from home through the pandemic, and although I don't miss being AT the office, I miss the daily drive in my Jeep. It's so much fun to drive, I make excuses to go out just to drive my beast!

Now, I can't wait for summer trails to open so I can get dirty again!

Sponsored

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I dont know where my obsession came from, but I had it before I was old enough to drive. It only gets worse as I get older

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Once you go Jeep, ain’t no going back!
You now have the fever, and ain’t enough cow bell to cure you! (Some of you will get that)
Welcome to the endless rabbit hole and empty wallet!
Welcome to parking next to other Jeeps.
Welcome to all your social media being about Jeeps.
Welcome to the sickness, as your journey has just started and their is no cure.
You will live and breathe Jeep, and you will love every minute of it.
We are all here and in this together! This Jeep thing, many do not, but we do understand!

2021Nacho

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlu Rubicon, 2015 Jk sport
Occupation
Semi-retired
I don't even have mine yet....and I am already a total convert from my Cherokee.

I've been a sports car guy. I barely have any interest in my Shelby anymore lol. Gonna get a classic 911 when the markets calm down and then call it a day. Modern Wrangler + Classic Porsche. Done.
Modern Wrangler and classic American muscle for me....

20150517_112547.jpg

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Better now, then say in twenty years you realize you misses out on having the best vehicle ever and realize you drove lame ass vehicles when you could have had the the best toy a grown up can have.
Sponsored