John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've been researching bead locks for awhile now and finally pulled the trigger. They'll be my off-road wheels for the most part. While looking around and searching for information I came across bead lock ring spacer. I can see the benefits of filling in the gap between the locking ring and wheel itself with the spacer kit. Is anyone here actually running these? I know many aren't. But for those who are do they require additional items or anything of that sort. Maybe some pros and cons to them if any? I'm planning on calling Vision in the morning and asking tech support about it.
Is anyone running the Vision Manx with a spacer kit? If so can you provide me with item number or information.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bead Lock Spacers 2022-11-09
Jeep Wrangler JL Bead Lock Spacers 2022-11-09 (1)
Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
You only need to run the spacers when you have a tire with an exceptionally thick bead, like Swamper TSLs and Maxxis Trepadors. Those tires have a bead that is right at an inch thick. I'm sure there are other brands/makes that have a thick bead, but I've seen these first hand. I had to run a set of spacers on my Trail Ready beadlocks and TSL stickies. If you don't, the beadlock ring will cone and put a side load on the bolts, not good.

OP
OP
white walker1

white walker1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You only need to run the spacers when you have a tire with an exceptionally thick bead, like Swamper TSLs and Maxxis Trepadors. Those tires have a bead that is right at an inch thick. I'm sure there are other brands/makes that have a thick bead, but I've seen these first hand. I had to run a set of spacers on my Trail Ready beadlocks and TSL stickies. If you don't, the beadlock ring will cone and put a side load on the bolts, not good.
I do remember someone stating something about the thickness of the sidewall. I appreciate the response and it make more sense now. I'm not running anything that serious. 37" nitto trail grapplers or something similar.