Sponsored

BE HONEST: Who is paying over MSRP for a 392?

Benw711

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport
If yes, what is the mark up you're paying?
Sponsored

Allagash

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 392
If yes, what is the mark up you're paying?
There's a Jeep dealer in Fairfield/Vacaville CA, that does a dealer markup on many more common jeeps, not just 392 Wranglers. It's a really insulting. Hey, let's start talking price on a Grand Cherokee at 5K over sticker! Don't think so! Sadly, some folks, maybe with poor credit or other problems apparently pay it! Stopped there once, will never ever go back.

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
I am paying MSRP, $81,810 for a 392. My dealer has never charged more than msrp for any vehicle and they are proud of that. Hellcats were msrp, demons msrp, regardless of demand.

I almost preordered a hellcat when they first came out, like 2010, and they told me then they never charge more than msrp. True to their word, my 392 is at sticker.

But sadly, no vendor discount.

Allagash

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 392
I am paying MSRP, $81,810 for a 392. My dealer has never charged more than msrp for any vehicle and they are proud of that. Hellcats were msrp, demons msrp, regardless of demand.

I almost preordered a hellcat when they first came out, like 2010, and they told me then they never charge more than msrp. True to their word, my 392 is at sticker.

But sadly, no vendor discount.
Same here. My dealer in Walnut Creek never/ever has one of those funny markup stickers. My 392 was ordered at MSRP, period.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Anyone paying under MSRP? What deal did you work out?

Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Anyone paying under MSRP? What deal did you work out?
Supposed to be paying invoice minus 1/2 the holdback. When I went by yesterday the SM had that look in his eye so we will see. Lol

I’ll have a conversation with the owner of the dealership in the coming days about this Jeep, and my Escalade order, and being #1 on the, for now, imaginary list for c8z, and #3 behind himself and his partner for grand wagoneer, etc....

If they decide to renegotiate and make me pay MSRP, I’ll do it, but I’ll also reevaluate or outright cancel my upcoming purchases. I can happily ride around in BMW leases until the US goes full shithole.
Sponsored