Sponsored

Battery Voltmeter Gauge

jhnnymac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota 4Runner
Does the same thing on mine - nothing bad has happened yet - charge catches up when I take my foot off the gas. Something to do with the two battery system?
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My new 2018 JLU does the same thing, voltage runs pretty steady at 12.7-12.8 going down the road with everything on or nothing on and as I slow down the voltage jumps to 14.2 and then at a stop it goes back down to the 12.7-12.8, called the salesman I got it from and he said he checked with the guys in service and said its working normally, seems odd to me but I am not up on the newer technology, so maybe it charges when it needs to, some say the ESS effects it but I turn off the ESS every time I get in it as I dislike that feature.

OP
OP
namodei

namodei

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Sales Engineer
My new 2018 JLU does the same thing, voltage runs pretty steady at 12.7-12.8 going down the road with everything on or nothing on and as I slow down the voltage jumps to 14.2 and then at a stop it goes back down to the 12.7-12.8, called the salesman I got it from and he said he checked with the guys in service and said its working normally, seems odd to me but I am not up on the newer technology, so maybe it charges when it needs to, some say the ESS effects it but I turn off the ESS every time I get in it as I dislike that feature.
I have 2,000 miles on my now and no problems, so it must be designed that way! Seems odd to me as well!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2,000 miles on my now and no problems, so it must be designed that way! Seems odd to me as well!
Yes seems odd to me to, my wife tells me that this new technology is gonna be the death of me, my head did a double take when I saw the voltage jump up and down and then it really rocked my socks when I found out it has two batteries and I totally hate the ESS system, I wish you could push the button once and leave it off.

modeltrainman

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jku rubi
Normal,part of the fuel saving system built in the ecm,during the day when the battery is at its maximum charge from the alternator,it will decrease voltage to the battery putting less strain on the alternator in return less strain on the motor and when cruising the vehicle saves fuel.
Sponsored