Battery terminals

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I just opened my hood to jump someone and there was a huge pile of peanuts... it chewed through some wiring covers, but the only thing that looks damaged is the wire on the left. I think everything I wired is to the Aux wires. Does anyone know what is usually connected here stock? I couldn’t find anything dangling
Jeep Wrangler JL Battery terminals 5E5BF051-DB37-47F3-8700-0D0D25A20CA8
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@suicideTone

Are you original owner of this JL?

That connector with the wire chewed or cut off is not factory... Has to be something you or past owner used for 12v power to something...

Only other thing it could be is for use in regard to an N1 to Positive, fused bypass jumper...

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
It also looks like that braided cable sleeve isn't factory either. I wonder if that braided sleeve had a positive wire in there that's dangling.

OP
OP

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I am the original owner. I’ve racked my brain and couldn’t think of anything I hooked up. Then I remembered, I had a breathalyzer for a year and I’ll bet they just cut it when they uninstalled. I never touched the electronics until it was removed but didn’t notice it til now. Thank you for your help. PS: I screwed up and won’t make that mistake again. I left my phone somewhere and jumped in my old rig to go get it without thinking. Don’t drink and drive folks.

OP
OP

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
It also looks like that braided cable sleeve isn't factory either. I wonder if that braided sleeve had a positive wire in there that's dangling.
I did hook up the braided sleeve for my winch. They chewed through that but only the sleeve. That gets to be removed soon to go in for a recall. Fun times.

Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I did hook up the braided sleeve for my winch. They chewed through that but only the sleeve. That gets to be removed soon to go in for a recall. Fun times.
Why do you have to remove the winch for a recall? Just wondering for future trips to the dealer when I hook mine up.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Why do you have to remove the winch for a recall? Just wondering for future trips to the dealer when I hook mine up.
@nU7OuxIx

Quadratec Stealth Winch Recall requires you to send in the winch to them, for a fix..

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My winch and lights along with a tender quick connect were all connected to my main battery when I had my stock batteries and during service work they never said a word.