Battery replacement for 2018 Sahara

motor12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
retired
I'm having trouble locating what batteries are used for replacement in a 2018 JL. I know there are two, i have watched utube videos on how to locate and replace. Has anyone had to replace batteries yet? If so what did you use. Thanks.
Sponsored

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Watching this....dealer says mine is about to go out too when I had it in for service. Have 35K miles on it. ESS works but far less frequent since it takes forever to charge up I guess. Wondering if this is covered under warranty....I guess I will find out.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I believe from other posts on this forum, 2018 should still be covered, depending if under 36K?

Go jeep!!!

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
aux one is a pain you can get it by removing main battery, and or right front fender liner removed out of the way, kinda sucks first time around. its warranty go get ya 2 new ones, its not uncommon.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I'm having trouble locating what batteries are used for replacement in a 2018 JL. I know there are two, i have watched utube videos on how to locate and replace. Has anyone had to replace batteries yet? If so what did you use. Thanks.
Depends if you have 3.6 or 2.0

Sponsored

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
Ummm...why do you need a new battery in a new Jeep - 2 years is an awfully short lifespan for a new battery.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Ummm...why do you need a new battery in a new Jeep - 2 years is an awfully short lifespan for a new battery.
I bought 2 new non-Jeeps on 4/1/2016. First one died at at 23 months and the other died at 31 months. Over the past 20 years I've had most batteries die before 3 years no matter the brand or warranty. Thus why I now load test the CA and CCA numbers and chart them. Replace before they get to 80% under their rating. Batteries seem to be junk anymore though I had a riding lawnmower battery (offbrand, local remanufacturer) last over 10 years.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I had a 2012 Camry with 100K miles and replaced the battery before I gave it to my oldest daughter - just so she wouldn't be caught with a DOA battery. But, to be honest, I think it was still fine and if I had kept the car, I would have threw in some jumper cables and run it til it went out.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Watching this....dealer says mine is about to go out too when I had it in for service. Have 35K miles on it. ESS works but far less frequent since it takes forever to charge up I guess. Wondering if this is covered under warranty....I guess I will find out.
Hi John,
We're sorry to hear about your recent concern. If you need any assistance while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to reach out via PM.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Here in IA batteries usually last 3-5 years depending on the vehicle and quality of battery. But what I learned from another Jeep forum when I bought my JK is that it's extreme heat that kills a battery quick, not cold. So you guys in TX, AZ, Las Vegas, etc. may find that 2-3 years out of a battery is more typical.

Speedracer

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JL 2.0
High and low temperatures make a big difference too, if a car is parked in a garage year round batteries, in my experience, have lasted longer...

OP
OP
motor12

motor12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
retired
The reason I am interested in what replacement batteries are used is simple. I like to dump factory batteries before they dump me. I find that generally a good after market battery is more reliable and less likely to die miles from any help. The primary battery type seems easy enough locate, it's the secondary battery info that's hard to come by.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
2010 Jeep Liberty OEM battery 5 years! Don't make them like they used too I guess! (garaged, no heat)

Go Jeep!!!

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
The reason I am interested in what replacement batteries are used is simple. I like to dump factory batteries before they dump me. I find that generally a good after market battery is more reliable and less likely to die miles from any help. The primary battery type seems easy enough locate, it's the secondary battery info that's hard to come by.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/battery-stats.25835/#post-612773
Here's the information I have for the aux battery
CYLA14B4XTA 14B-BSBATTERYAGM
BBAUA200AD
12V 12Ah 200 CCA (SAE/EN)
Sponsored