Sponsored

Battery pulling too many amps.....

BBGINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Telling to figure out what's pulling amps on my JLU when it's off. The dealer is stumped they're still trying to find out what the problem is I think it has something to do with the fob, everytime I walk up to the jeep the message screen between the speedo and rpm gauge is on, and it says that the key is not present. It's drawing 1.5 amps when it's off the dealer said it should only be pulling 0.3 amps. If I leave the jeep off for a few days battery is dead........
Sponsored

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Has this been repaired, If so what was the outcome?
Thanks

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My display stays lit and there is not set time it goes off, it ranges anywhere from 1 min to 3-4 but it never stays lit for longer than that and so far has never been DOA on the battery

OP
OP
BBGINC

BBGINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
At first they were telling me that the jeep was pulling 1.5 amps when it was off, now they're saying they can't find any problems and the jeep is fine. I literally just got my jeep back yesterday so hopefully this problem is fixed. They couldn't give me the reason why it was going that. They told that they pulled fuses over at a time until that problem went away, but still couldn't tell what actually fixed the problem, all they could tell me is that it's a new vehicle and that they're still learning it.......

OP
OP
BBGINC

BBGINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Has this been repaired, If so what was the outcome?
Thanks
They said it has, but they can't give me the reason why it happen or how they fixed it. The guy told me that they pulled fuses and it stopped, but he can't tell me what fuse it was...... all he could tell me was that it's a new vehicle and they're still learning it.....I literally just got it back yesterday they've had it over 2 weeks a d that's all they can tell me smh.

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
They said it has, but they can't give me the reason why it happen or how they fixed it. The guy told me that they pulled fuses and it stopped, but he can't tell me what fuse it was...... all he could tell me was that it's a new vehicle and they're still learning it.....I literally just got it back yesterday they've had it over 2 weeks a d that's all they can tell me smh.
Black box technicians... Just keep swapping boards until the problem goes away instead of troubleshooting down to the component. We had technicians like that around 40 years ago and I have no reason to believe that it has not gotten a lot worse since then.

OP
OP
BBGINC

BBGINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Black box technicians... Just keep swapping boards until the problem goes away instead of troubleshooting down to the component. We had technicians like that around 40 years ago and I have no reason to believe that it has not gotten a lot worse since then.
Wow that sucks well this is the second time my jeep went in, one more they'll buy it back im hoping it doesn't come to that.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Sounds like you have a fool working on your jeep. 1.5amp draw and cant find a problem....

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
No cure for lazy.

Still, if the Jeep is drawing that much you might be able to find it yourself. The fact that your middle screen is on should tell you that the Jeep thinks you just got in. So check the doors and make sure they are all shut. Look at the doors, there use to be pins but we don't have those anymore. Should be something in the door to let the system know it was opened.

That sensor could be out. Check the fuses and find the one to those sensors and see if that is what the tech pulled. You may have to have them replace that sensor.

Always look for the root cause by starting from the symptom. Figuring out how things work is the fun after all.
Sponsored