Sponsored

Battery percentage for switching to Hybrid from Electric

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
It actually switches modes, in this example, it reverts to HYBRID and you see the resultant RPM increase.

As mentioned in a previous post above, and I tend to agree, the system has a mind of its own:). I’ve seen no indication that I have any significant influence on the logic of the regenerating brake/charging system.
Sponsored

lilred7879

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
Wow. Really good info. The dealer technician confirmed the above feedback.

It appears I have to embrace the fact that it’s a “Hybrid” and not a pure electric vehicle.

I’ve ran JEEPS all my life so I’ll have a bit of a learning curve.

Question: what does everyone run theirJEEP in around town? Hybrid or Electric?

Thank you.
"around town" - anything stop and go under 55 or so I use EV only because it does hold it in electric better than hybrid - anything else I leave it in Hybrid and let the system handle it.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Most of the time I leave it in hybrid.
Oh, and while you're here-- I have noticed I really can't do much of anything to get it to add charge. If I take my foot off the gas, it seems to dip a bit below the line into "charge" range, but I have only once or twice gotten it to give me an extra percent (only if I'm going quite fast and hit a steep/long downhill and can coast that for 10 seconds or more.) When I tap the brakes while coasting downhill, or stop with momentum, it doesn't dip too far into Charge range-- certainly not as much as did when I rented a Prius and you hit the break and see it go steeply into Charge range and give you that nice, bright green haptic feedback that you're regenerating.
Are you turning max regen on? If not, yes it will hover around around the charge range but you wont see anything added back. If you have max regen on you should see yourself gaining a percentage back here and there down hill and when coming to a complete stop.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
And, does it actually "switch mode" on the buttons, or just that it kicks in the ICE so you see RPMs?

Sorry if I'm asking a daft question-- I am watching all my guages and whatnot like a hawk, trying to find the best way to game for best MPG and stay in electric as much as possible (all daily trips are within range), so I'm curious. :)

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Yes, I’m t actually switches
Modes!

Thanks to that contributed to the discussion.

Hopefully, JEEP is working on a battery to increase the range.

so far, I’m happy with the 4xe!

Sponsored

Smurf

First Name
Smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4xe (exp delivery end of Jan 2022)
I wouldn't count on it. The range on the 4xe is fairly in line with most PHEVs
I am super grateful (and pretty amazed) that, serendipidously, the range is EXACTLY what I need for my "usual" gym/grocery store/school pick-ups route. If I leave my house at 100%, I drop to <1% at the bottom of my cul-de-sac, 9 times out of ten. I take it as a sign that this one was meant to be for me!