Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, understood about the harsh conditions. In my case, I'm in NC (nice climate) and it's usually in the garage and most of the miles are highway...
Nice climate?! Are you kidding me? It's like a f'ing swamp here in the summer. Couple that with the hot as hell temps under the hood and it contributes to battery life.
Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
If you have any devices that draw power (dash cams) and they’re plugged into the USB slot, they’ll stay on for an hour after you shut off the vehicle, or even after opening a door to grab something. Definitely can kill the battery early. I always trickle charge now for peace of mind.

Myopik

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Personal Banker
Amazing how no one has a 35K, 40K, or 45K vehicle. If you have a dual battery system it is well documented about battery problems. Many of us have trickle chargers to overcome it. Most can get batteries replaced under warranty if they have aux battery problem. Battery on my JK lasted years and so far no problem with my JL but this is a different electric setup.
I got my Rubi for around 45k after rebates, but I also didn't have to pay any taxes on it :like:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The original battery in my toyota corolla was still good when I sold it, 130k miles. My Jeep 2011 Jeep patriot was 7 years old and had 90k miles when I sold it, original battery as well. 2000 Jeep cherokee I remember my dad had to replace the battery pretty early on. 2 years maybe?

I think it is kind of a lottery. FIngers crossed with my Wrangler. I might be replacing at 3 years anyway for a better one. It is relatively inexpensive and good insurance on the outdoors.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If you have any devices that draw power (dash cams) and they’re plugged into the USB slot, they’ll stay on for an hour after you shut off the vehicle, or even after opening a door to grab something. Definitely can kill the battery early. I always trickle charge now for peace of mind.
I plug this in when it looks like it will be parked for a week $24. Amazon prime...

SOLPERK 12V Solar Panel,Solar trickle Charger,Solar Battery Charger and Maintainer,Suitable for Automotive, Motorcycle, Boat, ATV,Marine, RV, Trailer, Powersports, Snowmobile, etc. (1.8W Amorphous)

Sponsored

OP
OP

JayInNC

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Nice climate?! Are you kidding me? It's like a f'ing swamp here in the summer. Couple that with the hot as hell temps under the hood and it contributes to battery life.
Haha! Relatively speaking......not Arizona summer heat or Alaska winter cold. It has been hot and sticky AF here this year though. 2020 is relentless!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Haha! Relatively speaking......not Arizona summer heat or Alaska winter cold. It has been hot and sticky AF here this year though. 2020 is relentless!
Yeah you can say that again. We are moving to St. George UT in October... hello Sand Hollow!!!!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
For what it is worth, I have always had good luck with Walmart EverStart Maxx batteries. I have owned many cars, and trucks over the years, and have tried all types(expensive) batteries, and I have always had better luck, longer lasting better build, than batteries costing 2-3 times as much. In doing research, I have seen several reviews saying the Everstart Maxx batteries rated as one of the best, but not the best.
For $98 a piece, and needing 2 for my truck, I just put two in a month or so ago.
The worst batteries I have encountered were the O'Reilly top of the line batteries. They typically lasted only 2 years, no matter how much I drove. They either shorted out, or ran out of juice, long before the warranty ran out. PITA.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yeah you can say that again. We are moving to St. George UT in October... hello Sand Hollow!!!!
Nice! Love the high mesa terrain around there, only bummer is it's a hassle to buy beer there :)

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I have a 2009 Liberty with around 140k miles I think on the original battery, and I ran lights and sirens and a radio for quite a few years in the winters of New England. It "might" be a fluke it's still decent. Wonder if I will have the same luck with my JL :LOL:
Sponsored