Battery Maintaining with 3.6 eTorque

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I'm going to be picking up my Jeep, hopefully this week. With where we're at with covid, we're not driving very much at all; maybe once a week if that. I replaced a battery at the beginning of last summer and now that battery's dead and won't hold a charge for more than a day. I don't want this happening with my new Jeep!!

I've narrowed it down to using either a Noco Genius1 (1 amp charger/maintainer) or a Ctek US 0.8. I have a feeling that asking which one is like asking what brand oil to use...but I'm open for opinions.

The bigger question is if I'm able to connect these to my 12v battery's positive/negative post to keep the battery operating at peak capacity. Or should I do positive/ground? Or is it unwise to use one of these products on our batteries for those that have the 3.6l with etorque. I think it's OK and the etorque battery is disconnected, but just wanted to get some input.
Sponsored

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I use a NOCO Genius 5 on mine. I connect directly to the positive and negative terminals. In fact I use the optional NOCO terminal ends that I leave connected to the battery and then just connect the charger to those.

OP
OP

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I use a NOCO Genius 5 on mine. I connect directly to the positive and negative terminals. In fact I use the optional NOCO terminal ends that I leave connected to the battery and then just connect the charger to those.
Thanks for the response. Do you have a 3.6 with eTorque? I ask because of the separate 48v battery.

I ended up buying a Genius 1 for my other car. I figured that the higher numbers are just the amps it will use to charge, and since the battery is fully topped off (or close to it), it's not a big deal. If anything, it would just take longer to get to that maintenance mode charge. I also bought the optional cable for it, as it makes it much nicer and easier to connect everything. This is on an older subaru though with just a regular 12v battery and no hybrid system. It works well, but wanted to check here to get some opinions before I do anything.