Battery light on - battery saver on?

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Battery light randomly came on this morning and now shut down the radio and other functions of the car... Says battery saver on some systems have reduced power.

has this happened to anyone else?
Jeep Wrangler JL Battery light on - battery saver on? 3AA133E1-8831-4340-8504-B09961AE6E84
Jeep Wrangler JL Battery light on - battery saver on? 4729473F-5202-486F-BA4C-06E0F2A0025F
Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Take it to the dealer, should be covered under warranty.

OP
OP
Sangiuolo11

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car died on me a few minutes later. Was able to jump it just enough to make it home and it died on me again as I pulled into the driveway. ABS lights coming on, stability warnings, dash turning off... gonna have to get it towed to the dealership in the morning

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Car died on me a few minutes later. Was able to jump it just enough to make it home and it died on me again as I pulled into the driveway. ABS lights coming on, stability warnings, dash turning off... gonna have to get it towed to the dealership in the morning
@Sangiuolo11

For free towing under warranty, call Jeep Road Service at Ph. 1-800-992-1997 . Never regular tow! You must have the JL FLAT TOWED. Tell the person on the phone that you need flat tow to nearest Jeep Dealer.

IF you can't get it out of park to flat tow, you will need to pull the release lever right in front of the shifter. See your manual for info. Release is under plastic cap.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Sangiuolo11
One or both of it's batteries (Main and Aux) became depleted and or is dead/bad. Dealer will replace one or both of the batteries. You are far better off it they replace both batteries.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sangiuolo11

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Sangiuolo11
One or both of it's batteries (Main and Aux) became depleted and or is dead/bad. Dealer will replace one or both of the batteries. You are far better off it they replace both batteries.
Could it be the alternator? Bc as soon as the jumper cables came off the Jeep died immediately the last time. I actually just had to connect my longer cable wires and keep them attached to the Jeep and my other truck as I pulled the Jeep into the driveway that way.

I’m not overly concerned bc it’s under warranty but I really want them to check all the options and unfortunately the dealer options by me aren’t the best

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could it be the alternator? Bc as soon as the jumper cables came off the Jeep died immediately the last time. I actually just had to connect my longer cable wires and keep them attached to the Jeep and my other truck as I pulled the Jeep into the driveway that way.

I’m not overly concerned bc it’s under warranty but I really want them to check all the options and unfortunately the dealer options by me aren’t the best
@Sangiuolo11

Doubtful it is the alternator.. It is as I mentioned in the last post.... Been there and done that with my 2018 JL and got the t-shirt. :like:

Post here what the final verdict is....

OP
OP
Sangiuolo11

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for the tow to show up this morning. Will keep you posted

OP
OP
Sangiuolo11

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01 just received a text update from the dealership. Both batteries completely failed and they are replacing both of them.... so you were right. Another 2018 JL having the batteries fail. I’m just confused as to what triggered both of them to completely die like that.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01 just received a text update from the dealership. Both batteries completely failed and they are replacing both of them.... so you were right. Another 2018 JL having the batteries fail. I’m just confused as to what triggered both of them to completely die like that.
@Sangiuolo11 Very typical to see what you have experienced. One of the two batteries died and since the two are in line lets say, the other battery is impacted also.

GREAT that your dealer is replacing both batteries.. Some dealers will to replace one and then after you have yet another no start due to dead battery(s) then, they replace the other battery.

IF your JL sits unused for many days and or you just do short little drives every few days, etc., the batteries can become completed. ot good for the batteries.... IF your driving the JL, habits are like this, consider getting a Battery Tender to maintain the batteries while your JL sits in the garage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sangiuolo11

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
U
@Sangiuolo11 Very typical to see what you have experienced. One of the two batteries died and since the two are in line lets say, the other battery is impacted also.

GREAT that your dealer is replacing both batteries.. Some dealers will to replace one and then after you have yet another no start due to dead battery(s) then, they replace the other battery.

IF your JL sits unused for many days and or you just do short little drives every few days, etc., the batteries can become completed. ot good for the batteries.... IF your driving the JL, habits are like this, consider getting a Battery Tender to maintain the batteries while your JL sits in the garage.
Update: Dealer just called me and said he has bad news. Batteries failed the test, replaced both batteries and went to test the new ones and they couldn’t hold a charge... further testing and they said the alternator went bad and that caused the batteries to die... so I’ll have new batteries and in 4-5 days a new alternator

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brand new batteries that can't hold a charge because of a bad alternator?

I doubt this is the end of the story.

The "battery sensor" and the charging control system on these Jeeps seems to be a vital factor that seems to be overlooked in favor of stumbling through a sequence of remove-and-replace operations.

I do not think I would have much confidence in a service department that leads with a battery replacement BEFORE checking out the charging system.
@JeepScares

Yes, AGREED there is probably a real possibility that final outcome includes sensor replacement.. Look forward to seeing the final receipt where it shows what they threw at it, after guessing & stumbling through the repair.
Sponsored