Sponsored

Battery Level Charging Low

Medtown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon; Granite/Tan
My 2 week old Rubi just popped this message "ALERT: Battery Level Charging Level Low- Stop Safely, Vehicle will shut off soon" ...It is now in the shop with initial estimates of getting it back "in a few days"....anyone seen this light or have any ideas? Car drove completely fine and did not end up shutting off.
IMG_0873.jpeg
IMG_0875.jpeg
Sponsored

nota4re

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4-door Rubi
Seems easy enough to diagnose. The two primary suspects are a bad battery from the get-go, or an alternator that is bad. Hopefully you'll have it back super-quick!

OP
OP
Medtown

Medtown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems easy enough to diagnose. The two primary suspects are a bad battery from the get-go, or an alternator that is bad. Hopefully you'll have it back super-quick!
It turned out to be a stripped terminal on the start/stop relay...they overnighted the part and I got it back the next day!

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
It turned out to be a stripped terminal on the start/stop relay...they overnighted the part and I got it back the next day!
Thanks for taking the time to post you had a problem and then coming back and letting us know the remedy/

melbyek

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I bought my 2018 JL Sahara two weeks ago. Last Saturday, I got this exact same warning. I tried to make it to the dealership about 8 minutes away. The Jeep shuddered and shut down about 4 minutes from the dealer and had to be towed with only 400 miles on it.
They charged the battery and said maybe the battery needed it.
Today it happened again, got the battery charging level warning, made it into a parking lot, and the Jeep shuddered and shut down. Our Wrangler has now been towed twice with less than 600 miles on the odometer, very disappointing.
I will update once I know what the dealer says this time.

A4A7D7A7-CF81-4FDF-9903-212FD814D2E3.jpeg

Sponsored

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.
I bought my 2018 JL Sahara two weeks ago. Last Saturday, I got this exact same warning. I tried to make it to the dealership about 8 minutes away. The Jeep shuddered and shut down about 4 minutes from the dealer and had to be towed with only 400 miles on it.
Today it happened again, got the battery charging level warning, made it into a parking lot, and the Jeep shuddered and shut down. Our Wrangler has now been towed twice with less than 600 miles on the odometer, very disappointing.

Yikes, well that...sucks... I hope they can remedy the situation ASAP!

OP
OP
Medtown

Medtown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Let us know if it is the same issue...fortunately the service team at my dealership were great and the part was in stock...if this is a rampant issue there might be a recall or a fix in development....good luck! separation anxiety does suck!

melbyek

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Let us know if it is the same issue...fortunately the service team at my dealership were great and the part was in stock...if this is a rampant issue there might be a recall or a fix in development....good luck! separation anxiety does suck!
Dealer called today, they said it’s a shorted starter relay. They had to order the part and said I should get her back by tomorrow. They said it’s a “known issue”.

melbyek

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Picked up the JL today. They said they have definitely, for sure, fixed the battery charging level problem.

However, on the way out of the parking lot the Uconnect system started rebooting over and over. So we turned right back around and dropped it off again.
We’ve had our Wrangler 9 of the 18 days we’ve owned her. Oh well.

Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Picked up the JL today. They said they have definitely, for sure, fixed the battery charging level problem.

However, on the way out of the parking lot the Uconnect system started rebooting over and over. So we turned right back around and dropped it off again.
That's ridiculous.

On one hand, I'm anxiously checking the status of my JLUR but at the same time, I'm thinking that they can take their time if it means they'll do a better job while incorporating the latest fixes.

melbyek

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Oh well? You've entered Lemon Law territory in most states...
In PA it’s 3 attempts to repair for the same issue. Since this is twice for one issue and once (so far) for the second issue, we’re not there just yet. This is so disappointing because it’s really a nice looking and nice riding vehicle.

tcbusch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Wrangler JL Sport S
We just hit 21 days on a JLU Sport S. Same issue. I was 4 blocks from the dealer when is shuttered and barely made it to their shop. The battery indicator showed 13.3 volts yet the battery light was on and it barely ran. Hopefully I get the diagnosis today and the Jeep back today as well.

Coincidentally, I already had a service scheduled today for an issue that my fuel economy screen 4 as well as the odometer doesn't work when starting the Jeep normally. It does work when starting the jeep with the remote starter. The factory engineers are "stumped" so they decided to send another dashboard for replacement today.

I've always been a GM guy. Hopefully I didn't make a bad decision.

tcbusch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Wrangler JL Sport S

The Uconnect reboot is a known issue. Just before rebooting your suppose to enter in a NAV location. You've got about 30 seconds so you need to do it fast.

SamfromTX

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLU Rubicon. Past Jeep: 2011 JK Rubicon
I had the same issue. At first, intermittent then was there all the time. Called roadside and they towed it to the dealership (BTW, roadside is 5 years or 100K miles, I didn't know it was that long). It was a loose ground, from the auxillary battery, which is under the main battery. Posting in case it happens to another forum member, may save a tow and time wasted.
IMG_0301.PNG
Sponsored