BATTERY AND AUTO STOP/START LIGHT COMES ON WITHIN 2 MILES OF DRIVING

JESSB

First Name
jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport 2.0 L
I PURCHASED A 2020 WRANGLER SPORT 2DR WITH THE 2.0 TURBO AFTER TURNING JUST OVER 650 MILES ON IT. DRIVING HOME FROM WORK THE BATTERY LIGHT AND START/STOP CAME ON TAKING IT TO THE SHOP THEY FIRST THOUGHT IT WAS A DISCHARGED BATTERY . DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM , THEY ORDERED AND REPLACED THE BCM ALSO DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM . THEY HAVE ORDERED A ALT FOR IT THAT IS ANOTHER WEEK OUT MAKING THIS HOLE REPAIR TAKING OVER TWO WEEKS . HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND WHAT WAS THE FIX ? THANK YOU
Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I PURCHASED A 2020 WRANGLER SPORT 2DR WITH THE 2.0 TURBO AFTER TURNING JUST OVER 650 MILES ON IT. DRIVING HOME FROM WORK THE BATTERY LIGHT AND START/STOP CAME ON TAKING IT TO THE SHOP THEY FIRST THOUGHT IT WAS A DISCHARGED BATTERY . DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM , THEY ORDERED AND REPLACED THE BCM ALSO DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM . THEY HAVE ORDERED A ALT FOR IT THAT IS ANOTHER WEEK OUT MAKING THIS HOLE REPAIR TAKING OVER TWO WEEKS . HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND WHAT WAS THE FIX ? THANK YOU
Maybe the battery doesn't hold charge well this has been known set of the ESS

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
They’re guessing and slapping parts on it until it goes away.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

YES, THIS HAPPENS A LOT! IF YOU SEARCH THE FORUMS YOU WILL FIND OTHER MEMBERS GOING THROUGH THE EXACT SAME, DOWN TO THE DEALER NEEDING MULTIPLE VISITS AND WEEKS TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT!!!

THIS IS FCA QUALITY AT ITS BEST!!! NOTHING REPLACING SUFFICIENT PARTS CAN’T FIX, EVENTUALLY!!!

YOUR CAPS ARE ON!!!

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Seat fuses ; check ground wires on passenger fender ; check main harness connections for bent, misaligned pins; have Intelligent Battery Sensor checked, it determines rate of charge. Hoping it's a simple " lack of quality control " issue

OP
OP
JESSB

JESSB

First Name
jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer called today made an appointment to get the alt replaced , will keep ya posted

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
This appeared today on mine , guess similar problem ?

Jeep Wrangler JL BATTERY AND AUTO STOP/START LIGHT COMES ON WITHIN 2 MILES OF DRIVING 5F7C96DF-BC05-4EB5-9E58-98D07D6CC36A

OP
OP
JESSB

JESSB

First Name
jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its possible, the dealership has replaced the BCM AND THE ALT ON MINE . It was supposed to be done today but once again no call on progress so I'm taking it didnt fix it. hope fully you dont have this problem with yours.
Sponsored