Basic Speaker upgrade

Chris2183

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
If I had to do mine over I would devote all of my resources to the front sound stage and not bothered with the roll bar speakers. I upgraded the fronts to a 6.5 component setup and adding an amp completely overshadowed the upgraded roll bar speakers in mine.
Advertisement

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I installed Infinity speakers in the dash, and am well-pleased with the improvement in sound quality.

There's nothing wrong with the Uconnect 3, either. ;)
I tried those Infinity speakers first, and I found them to be so harsh and bright that they made my ears hurt. I had to take them out, just couldn't take the harshness. They were painful to listen to for any length of time - even with the treble dialed way back and the fader towards the rear.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I am also looking into upgrading my audio system as I have the same as yours.. the basic, sad little 5'' unit...

Here are a couple 3.5'' speaker options with good reviews...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084HL6DW...olid=2FUATVVTIXPSD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Those Kicker's are what I went with in the dash after having the Infinity speakers first and finding them way too harsh.

I also put 600Hz bass blockers on them, so I don't get any clipping. They made the sound a lot better IMHO.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Crap... as I was playing today with my audio system .. I realized that the front right channel is dead.. I disassembled the dash and got to the 5'' unit and tested directly from the connector.. nada.. the output is dead....

Gunny... please check that all your channels are working by using the balance feature before you commit to upgrades.. who knows.. perhaps you have burnt channels and you don't know? I certainly did not know about the right front channel being blown at the 5'' head unit output.. bummer!..

Anybody wanting to get rid of their 5'' unit? LOL

Advertisement

Jim Marsh Chrysler Jeep

Advertisement