Sponsored

Basic Soft Top?

TDS911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
We've been waiting (and waiting... and waiting) for the Sky One-Touch top to be released.

Wife is 5' 2". Swapping the hard top panels just isn't easy to do for someone her height, and crawling around the interior to simply raise and lower the manual soft top wasn't appealing, either. Hence the excitement about the Sky.

Anyway, now we're thinking of not waiting anymore and adding the myTop power soft top after purchase (it's a full power soft top, seems to get good JK and other Jeep model reviews), estimated July release, and same cost as the Sky. That would ultimately get her more of the "topless" feeling she wanted anyway, with all the convenience.

So, since we'd be swapping out tops, we wouldn't want to pay extra for any of the optional tops.

But now I'm reading on here that those who order hard tops are getting an IOU on their soft tops.

If we order a Rubicon with the base soft top, are we bound to have a delayed delivery??

Todd
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have no clue what two "power" tops you seem to be referring to in your post. I was only aware of the one from factory with this years model release.

The delays you have been reading about are for the Premium Soft Top. The one made out of cloth. There has been no delays on the standard soft top that comes with every Jeep Wrangler as standard equipment. Going with no top options should not encounter any delays.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh to add to this I don't believe you can add the factory power top after purchase. I am not 100% sure but this I would check into and don't just take a dealers word for it.

OP
OP

TDS911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
First top I was referring to is the factory "sunroof" top, the Sky One-Touch, forever delayed. I'm aware you can't add that later.

The other one I was referring to is aftermarket, myTop: mytop.us

The myTop fits the bill for us. It's triple cloth, so good for cold weather, and pretty much one button operation (after undoing two header latches), very easy to operate and pretty much topless when down

And the myTop lets us order a JL now, instead of waiting and waiting for months and being crushed over and over with the revised Sky delivery dates.

Ok, so the basic soft top is not an issue here, just the Premium, thanks for the clarification.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First top I was referring to is the factory "sunroof" top, the Sky One-Touch, forever delayed. I'm aware you can't add that later.

The other one I was referring to is aftermarket, myTop: mytop.us

The myTop fits the bill for us. It's triple cloth, so good for cold weather, and pretty much one button operation (after undoing two header latches), very easy to operate and pretty much topless when down

And the myTop lets us order a JL now, instead of waiting and waiting for months and being crushed over and over with the revised Sky delivery dates.

Ok, so the basic soft top is not an issue here, just the Premium, thanks for the clarification.
NP and thanks for the information on the other top I had no clue about! :like:

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Oh to add to this I don't believe you can add the factory power top after purchase. I am not 100% sure but this I would check into and don't just take a dealers word for it.
You are correct. The Sky One-Touch Power Top may only be ordered as Original Equipment when ordering finally opens up.
Sponsored