Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
  • Banned
Do these exist? I'm not interested in spending a hundred and something dollars and that's all I seem to see talked about on here. I do not have the LED lighting so I think I can just tap into the factory tail light wires. I've done this many times before in years past without issue, but it would be nice if there was something that I could just plug into the factory harness without physically splicing. I have some really nice wire taps and will likely go that route.

I'll be doing a 7 pin, legit harness in the future. But right now I HAVE to tow my popup off of my property ASAP. I'm about to close on my house. If there was a reasonably priced one I could have over-nighted (amazon) I would. Otherwise I'll just do my own wiring. I already have the plug and wires.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
anotherWS6

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
  • Banned
I see the 70 to 80 dollar harnesses as well. I have zero interest in running a cable to the battery to power two 4 watt trailer light bulbs. Although I could just tap into the rear cigarette lighter power. But....
....what is the deal with the little black box that comes with all of the harnesses I see? I could see something like that and the extra power wire being needed on the LED Jeeps, but I cant understand why a normal 12 volt, incandescent system would need this. Whatever it even is lol.

Are the JK tail light plugs the same as the JL? If the connectors are the same I'd just score one of those. Any luck there?

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Curt has one for around $60 or $70. Plug and play other than running a wire to the battery.

RevJonG

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport