MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 GTO,14 Abarth,18 Velar,19 JLUR,22 392 XR
@ livernois

I have read through your website and through this thread and have a few questions

1. Do we send you our ECU first and you send it back?
2. do we need to get the bypass cable?
3. Will you provide updates as you further develop the tune to accommodate exhaust systems or other performance enhancements?

thanks!
Understand we need to send in our ECU but do we need the programming bypass cable?
Sponsored

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Interested in this but doesn’t seem at least anyone on the forum has tried it yet. It seems that it adds a nice chunk of power but does it add any other additional improvements for drive ability (Throttle application, shift points, etc.)?

SC_Titan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Interested in this but doesn’t seem at least anyone on the forum has tried it yet. It seems that it adds a nice chunk of power but does it add any other additional improvements for drive ability (Throttle application, shift points, etc.)?
the Livernois tune on my 21 F150 ecoboost made a drastic difference on power/shifting/ throttle response.

i don’t expect quite the drastic difference on the 392 being naturally aspirated but I’m sure it will noticeable for sure

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine the other day after I self medicated my broken toe. Will let you guys know how it goes.

I have the piggyback ECU on my 2019 3.6L rubicon from another vendor and it made a huge difference. I trust that livernois will be by and far better than the other canned tune.

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine the other day after I self medicated my broken toe. Will let you guys know how it goes.

I have the piggyback ECU on my 2019 3.6L rubicon from another vendor and it made a huge difference. I trust that livernois will be by and far better than the other canned tune.

Been having a difficult time getting this tuner to update so I can pull the stock tune. Have a feeling it has something to do with my PC defaulting the USB Connection to a COM serial connection so the tuner won't do the initial update.

Emailing Livernois back and forth to work it out.

Update:
Worked it out with Livernois technical support, Anthony. wanted to share here with the group in case you run into the same issues I had with the tuner not recognizing the vehicle and it told me to update the device even though I felt I had already done so. If you get the tuner and have any issues or questions just reach out. They have a service request form under their Support menu and they were very quick to respond. Great service.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/instructions-and-downloads

First reply:
This simply means the ECU Strategy / SW code your vehicle's reporting is not in the Mycal Chrysler files database inside your tuner so it's a new strategy it doesn't know yet. When this occurs we'll just need to get the code shown on that screen below the VIN so we can add that to our latest database update and send that back to your tuner online. It shows you've already updated and registered the tuner successfully on your PC , so no worries on the windows PC updates since everything shows it's working as it should and that you just have a new code it's not encountered previously. So we'll manually add your new strategy and send the update to your tuner once that's completed so you can download and proceed with the next steps.

Second reply after sending them the requested code:
Your tuner is now ready for the next windows PC update via the Mycal application. You'll expect to see a quick flash of a green progress bar on the app that says updating device files for example letting you know it's downloading the new Chrysler database update I've just sent. Once finished I usually just click the update button once and it should go grey while checking the server for updates and show back available once it's done. This is just a tip on how to confirm the Mycal's fully up to date already.

Once finished you'll be all set to go back to the vehicle and select Module Info once more which should now show the 2022 Jeep Wrangler 392 usual info followed by the SW: and TRANS: codes you'll need for the tune request form. Your SW code was that 05036027AC but you'll see a new TRANS line after this update to add support for your code, which we will also need on the tune request form so don't forget to make note of that as well. From there you'll be all set to go back to the main menu and select Programming, Save Stock Cal to pull the stock info. Once that is complete you'll be all set to update the tuner again on your PC at which point you'll see the green prgres bar again this time it will read Exporting Stock followed by the last 5 digits of your VIN. Then fill out the tune request when you see the pop up message "Please contact your dealer for the calibrations" which is to let you know you're done uploading your stock read but don't forget to fill out the tune request form when done. Let us know if any issues or questions on this process and thanks again for your business

Hope this helps anyone that might run into the same issue.
Sponsored

Last edited: