Baseline dyno and tune results videos

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
Nice, I was wondering what they left on the table! Now we know! Thanks for posting

Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Here they are, so everyone can see the results. pretty solid gains like we see on most 6.4 applications!

Still really surprised you guys are focusing on a limited number of vehicles vs their most selling turbo 4. We all know that turbo vehicles get the Most benefit from tuning not a naturally aspirated engine…just a little shocked especially seeing how much tuning you guys do for other manufacturers turbo engines?? Sales is about selling to the most number of people for profit and I bet you would easily sell 3-4X on the turbo 4 vs the 392 engine where very little gains are minimal per your Dyno graph but hey just my opinion!

OP
OP

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
Still really surprised you guys are focusing on a limited number of vehicles vs their most selling turbo 4. We all know that turbo vehicles get the Most benefit from tuning not a naturally aspirated engine…just a little shocked especially seeing how much tuning you guys do for other manufacturers turbo engines?? Sales is about selling to the most number of people for profit and I bet you would easily sell 3-4X on the turbo 4 vs the 392 engine where very little gains are minimal per your Dyno graph but hey just my opinion!
Part of this is due to the web of confusion/lack of direction on the 4cylinder at first. We likely will never support Etorque on any platform, so most of the early ones are out of the picture at that point.

It's on the list, but it's after V8, and diesel because history has shown us that the optional powertrains, while lower in volume, have a much higher percentage of people who modify them.

Take Challengers for example, they make mroe V6 and 5.7 cars than they do 6.4 and hellcats. However, even though there are solid gains on the V6 models, and the 5.7 cars, we sell a fraction of the tuners for them than we do the 6.4 and 6.2 cars.

So while we aren't saying no, we have to prioritize the platform we feel is going to be best.

The V6 mustang market was the same way. back in the day it was something like 20 V6 cars built per 1 V8, but we would modify maybe 1-2 V6 cars a year vs 100's of V8 cars.

Is this the only way to do it? Could be tough for those that daily their Jeep.
We could sell a spare ECM and do it that way, but this is the most cost effective way to do so is to send yours in.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Part of this is due to the web of confusion/lack of direction on the 4cylinder at first. We likely will never support Etorque on any platform, so most of the early ones are out of the picture at that point.

It's on the list, but it's after V8, and diesel because history has shown us that the optional powertrains, while lower in volume, have a much higher percentage of people who modify them.

Take Challengers for example, they make mroe V6 and 5.7 cars than they do 6.4 and hellcats. However, even though there are solid gains on the V6 models, and the 5.7 cars, we sell a fraction of the tuners for them than we do the 6.4 and 6.2 cars.

So while we aren't saying no, we have to prioritize the platform we feel is going to be best.

The V6 mustang market was the same way. back in the day it was something like 20 V6 cars built per 1 V8, but we would modify maybe 1-2 V6 cars a year vs 100's of V8 cars.

We could sell a spare ECM and do it that way, but this is the most cost effective way to do so is to send yours in.
Thanks much appreciate your time and response that makes sense to me now. I forgot the etorque was included on the turbo 4 to begin with but I guess with the now only being on the V6 is a bummer for sales. I understand the reasoning now and really look forward to you guys tuning the turbo 4 as I will definitely be a customer in the future, Have a Great Day!!!

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
This is the first 392 dyno I've seen. Below is how it compares to the 2.0 & 3.6 (sort of... 392 is AWD while all 2.0 & 3.6 dynos are 2WD).

What I find interesting is when each motor crosses the 200 HP threshold:
392 ≈ 3000 RPM
2.0 ≈ 4000 RPM
3.6 ≈ 5000 RPM

Jeep Wrangler JL Baseline dyno and tune results videos chart

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
This is the first 392 dyno I've seen. Below is how it compares to the 2.0 & 3.6 (sort of... 392 is AWD while all 2.0 & 3.6 dynos are 2WD).

What I find interesting is when each motor crosses the 200 HP threshold:
392 ≈ 3000 RPM
2.0 ≈ 4000 RPM
3.6 ≈ 5000 RPM

Jeep Wrangler JL Baseline dyno and tune results videos chart
What I find interesting is all that torque when overlaid like that on a chart. Obviously that's why the HP is what it is but damn its always there. The Livernoris tune smoothes it out and makes it better!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I want to see some track results.

OP
OP

Livernois Motorsports

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Moab/2021 392 Rubicon
I want to see some track results.
Definitely in the works, unfortunately our local track closed down this year, and the next closest one has some legal injunctions preventing them from opening for more than special events.

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR

Totally understand. One of the reasons I went with the 2021 non-Etorque 2.0L over the 3.6 is hopes of a tune one day, I'd imagine there are a number of others that did so as well so hopefully we'll be able to present a nice market for you soon.

(Sorry to interrupt the 392 goodness, the tune looked great!)
Sponsored