Sponsored

Base Model Drivers...Do you hate roll-up windows/manual locks?

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I've never once thought, "I wish I had power windows"

I think "I wish I had power locks" every time I get out of my Jeep.
Me neither. ...
Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t hate it at all, bought it that way on purpose.
Yep!! Hear ya! If i had listened to my wife and not stood my ground i woulda wound up with power everything and an unlimited. I did give in on the hard to though.... no regrets!!!!

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Manual locks on the JK are just fine. But Jeep went out of their way to horribly design the manual locks on the JL. I thought it was insane what Jeep wanted for power windows and locks. I now realize it was a conspiracy to make you want to upgrade.

Power windows I don't care about.

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I had a TJ with manual locks and windows. Yes, I regretted it. Decided I wouldn’t do that again.

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I don't hate them, no. It took some adjusting to, but I'm old enough to remember when power was a luxury, so it feels pretty normal to me. The locks are the hardest to adapt to and I'm always wary of locking myself out of the Jeep. So far, so good.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
I went from a 13 JKR with power everything to my current JL sport. Honesty in my JKR I had the half doors on all summer so that is what made my mind up when I bought my new sport. Really not a big deal and you learn that locking your door every time you get out is not necessary. I kinda wish I had the cool color center screen but for an additional 3K I can live without lol. I wanted the 2.0T etorque and 8 speed so thats where I put the extra money. It really all comes down to whats important to you.

Sponsored

jconli1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
I specifically wanted manual windows, the manual "three dial" climate control setup... and most of all I wanted Uconnect 5. I know that sounds insane to most people, but I hate touchscreens, especially when things like climate control and radio volume are integrated into them. To me simplicity is far more appealing than tech, especially in a vehicle like this.

Power locks would be nice (especially if the fob is going to be that big either way), but wasn't at all a dealbreaker - and the only Sport S's that were ever available in my area all had the Tech package which I definitely didn't want.

Last edited:

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
I went from a 13 JKR with power everything to my current JL sport. Honesty in my JKR I had the half doors on all summer so that is what made my mind up when I bought my new sport. Really not a big deal and you learn that locking your door every time you get out is not necessary. I kinda wish I had the cool color center screen but for an additional 3K I can live without lol. I wanted the 2.0T etorque and 8 speed so thats where I put the extra money. It really all comes down to whats important to you.
Learning to not lock everywhere you go is the key also. Half the time my jeeps unlocked but the glove box locked. Only time the jeep is locked is when I'm parking it for the night.

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
i love the manual locks and roll up windows. i just wish i could have had power locks without power windows. those things are expensive when they need repair

Rhyno

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I’ve been driving my base JL for a few months now and I grown to adjust to it. Spring/summer season will be here in no time, and by then my doors will be off 80% of the time lol.
Sponsored