Sponsored

Bartact seat cover issues

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy's JLU Hellayella
I have these on my 21 JLU and am having fitment issues. The seat bottoms weren’t covering the whole seat so Bartact sent me new ones but they seem to be the on the smaller side like the ones I previously had. Also they don’t seem to be staying tucked in, the bottom and the seat back portions.

Can I see pics of how yours are fitting, especially from the side view?

Is the velcro on the edge of the seat back that you tuck thru the seat supposed to Velcro to anything? Also there is Velcro on the seat bottom that gets tucked thru that doesn’t seem to velcro to anything either.

I have them on my 14 Willys and never had these issues.

1A8D76B6-CFB9-45E3-9843-1B4859451CCF.jpeg
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yeah. I wish I had installed mine on a hot day. They have loosened up and I basically need to reinstall to get them tight again. But that first time they felt really tight. I really had to work it to get it to the right place.

OP
OP
LTLWLLY

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. I wish I had installed mine on a hot day. They have loosened up and I basically need to reinstall to get them tight again. But that first time they felt really tight. I really had to work it to get it to the right place.

Do your seat covers and back covers Velcro together on the back side of the seat?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Do your seat covers and back covers Velcro together on the back side of the seat?
I just know I followed these instructions and they were consistent with my seats:

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Yeah dude you don't have them installed right. The video shown earlier is not the way they install now; that is an old method.

You have to pull them thru the back where the bottom and top meet better. Then the front seat flap on the back is folded up and you pull the lower piece thru real hard and onto the folded OEM flap (IIRC). When I get home I can get some pics and show you if you can't figure it out from my description

Sponsored

OP
OP
LTLWLLY

LTLWLLY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah dude you don't have them installed right. The video shown earlier is not the way they install now; that is an old method.

You have to pull them thru the back where the bottom and top meet better. Then the front seat flap on the back is folded up and you pull the lower piece thru real hard and onto the folded OEM flap (IIRC). When I get home I can get some pics and show you if you can't figure it out from my description
Pics would be great. My problem is the seat cover barely sticks out of the crease in the back when you pull it through. There were two of us muscling it to try and pull it through more.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Pics would be great. My problem is the seat cover barely sticks out of the crease in the back when you pull it through. There were two of us muscling it to try and pull it through more.
yep it is not easy on the fingers or muscles. Check how your cover is on the seat and make sure it is situated nicely. I have a 2021 and was working with Bartact on the rear lower seat cover since sometime in 2021 they seem to have changed the material under the JLU rear seats base or at least on some trims (maybe not all models).

I know I took pics of the install for folding the front seat flap, the question is if I still have them. It was awkward to get nice and clean, but once I had it right it was a good solid set up.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Ditto, the above. The videos are outdated. I reached out to Bartact because I thought there was a mistake on mine since the seat bottom had no hook velcro and they told me the install method had changed (I then pointed out to them that they were still including the old instructions with the covers).

The seat bottom is only secured by the paracord now.

Honestly, mine don't fit all the way either. I absolutely cranked the cord tie down, and still the flap doesn't entirely tighten in the back. And I still have a little gap by the seabelts like these pics show. And I installed mine on a hot day, leaving them out in the sun a while before installing each piece.

Also, apparently the OEM flap is now supposed to be tucked in to the bottom of the seat covers now, so that the two velcro strips on the upper cover piece meet (this takes a LOT of pulling and mine barely reaches). The hook-velcro isn't supposed to hold on the OEM flap anymore. This also wasn't well explained in the instructions.

I really love Bartact's stuff, but the fit is definitely not as clean as it was on my JK. I just keep tightening them as I go, and hoping that as they stretch it'll settle into place.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Some pictures...

Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover issues IMG_3767

Same gap near the back on mine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover issues IMG_3772

Bottom half not pulling tight through the seat crease.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover issues IMG_3769

OEM plastic clap tucked down into the front flap of the upper cover piece.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover issues IMG_3771

Front flap of the upper cover stretched around to reach the back flap of the upper cover. Also, the cord that holds the bottom cover on.

According to Bartact, this is how they're supposed to be installed now with the new design. So yeah, I'm just gradually tightening them as they get broken in and hoping for the best because I love everything else about them.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
here are some pics.
First the lower cover position. Pull it good, use the MOLLE straps to help position it and muster any and all super powers to pull the back flap thru and velcro it down. All paracord does is keep the sides and front curled under for a nicer look.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover issues FCE4E18B-884C-4F89-BAD9-AB99BE926858

Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover issues 0AF2DF87-BF27-4695-9442-A92BCB85FF60

the back images here show the lower Velcro’d and the OEM flap folded upward. I will say this was not easy to do cleanly solo. If you can have someone hold the OEM flap while you pull the top cover tight it will be quite easy. I did it solo and it just took multiple attempts to get it tight and cleanly tucked up. I’m in the middle of doing a pretty big project and my seats are folded down and I can’t fold them up right now. This is looking in from passenger rear door at the passenger front seat.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover issues D65D3C98-3FA3-4B2B-BF63-979724578142

Jeep Wrangler JL Bartact seat cover issues 7C628C8A-EC06-48F5-8005-23522568DEBA

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Y'all just changed my mind about ordering these.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Y'all just changed my mind about ordering these.
They’re excellent seat covers. They are a very tight fit so install takes some muscle and determination. But that tight fit means they fit nice when installed. If you remove them to clean the covers they are much easier to install again later. That first install the fabric is just needing some stretching.
I had a set on my JK for 6years. When I removed them my seats looked brand new. I ran doorless and topless a ton and got lots of dirt, mud and sun on my seats. Plus having young kids there is that aspect which makes cleaning up easy.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
Resurrecting this old thread, and it seems I am dealing with the same issues for the uppers on my 392.
I see no way to connect the velcro for the front and back lower section of the upper cover with the oem apron/flap that is on the rear bottom of the front seat. Covers are new, and I just cannot stretch it enough to get the front and back to meet. Would be fine if the oem Apron/flap thing was not in the way. Any suggestions?
Sponsored