Sponsored

Barricade Trail Force HD Front Bumper - Need Fogs That Fit!

Winesmile

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU-Sport S
Occupation
Smart Home Integration
Love the Barricade bumper, but I'm having a time finding fog lamps that will fit.

I have at 2020 JLU Sport-S, but with this bumper you need to get JK fitment fogs. I got the very nice Axial Halo LED that are great, but they don't fit "in" the bumper correctly. The sit back too much.

The mounting location on this bumper is on the back metal structure of the bumper and the lamp doesn't reach the front facing metal of the bumper so there is a 2-3" space....

Anyone with the Trail Force HD with well fitted fogs?
Sponsored

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Love the Barricade bumper, but I'm having a time finding fog lamps that will fit.

I have at 2020 JLU Sport-S, but with this bumper you need to get JK fitment fogs. I got the very nice Axial Halo LED that are great, but they don't fit "in" the bumper correctly. The sit back too much.

The mounting location on this bumper is on the back metal structure of the bumper and the lamp doesn't reach the front facing metal of the bumper so there is a 2-3" space....

Anyone with the Trail Force HD with well fitted fogs?
Sorry for a super late reply but if you still need help. I Installed the Trail Force HD on my 18 JLUS just a few weeks ago. I too ran into the fog lamp issue. Im running factory halo fog housings with LED bulbs.
I ordered Mopar part # 68298651AA from Quadratec and it cured my problem nicely. Came in a few days and cheap! They give you 4 mounting holes vs 3 and they are flat. Getting rid of the recess that makes it impossible to use the factory ones. Fits the Barricade Trail Force HD like a charm!

68B82A6C-DC44-4541-9674-5146119608E4.jpeg

raz-rubicon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Having similar issues with the Barricade Adventure HD bumper. Contacted the retailer prior to purchase, they indicated it would have the Rubicon mount. The install video has what appears to be the Sahara mount. And the actual bumper I received has what appears to be the Sport mount with a bracket to convert to the Sahara mount. BAD news, I purchased fogs with the Rubicon mount. Should not be so difficult.

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Having similar issues with the Barricade Adventure HD bumper. Contacted the retailer prior to purchase, they indicated it would have the Rubicon mount. The install video has what appears to be the Sahara mount. And the actual bumper I received has what appears to be the Sport mount with a bracket to convert to the Sahara mount. BAD news, I purchased fogs with the Rubicon mount. Should not be so difficult.
You’re right it shouldn’t be so difficult... Extreme Terrain site states the Trail Force I bought was supposed to be to be compatible with ONLY JL factory halogen mounts.. turns out it wasn’t. I had to wait another week for the brackets to show up and wasn’t completely sure they would work either until i got to installing them.. Wich involved completely pulling the bumper again. Will your new fogs you purchased pop out of the Rubicon mount with the 3 little tabs? There are so many fog lamp mounts and options its easy to get confused..

raz-rubicon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
You’re right it shouldn’t be so difficult... Extreme Terrain site states the Trail Force I bought was supposed to be to be compatible with ONLY JL factory halogen mounts.. turns out it wasn’t. I had to wait another week for the brackets to show up and wasn’t completely sure they would work either until i got to installing them.. Wich involved completely pulling the bumper again. Will your new fogs you purchased pop out of the Rubicon mount with the 3 little tabs? There are so many fog lamp mounts and options its easy to get confused..
Well, the fog lights were only part of my frustration. My frustration led to buying a new fog light harness (didn't bother taking the factor bumper apart). Calling BD and ordering the Sport brackets. Yes, I'll have to remove the bumper to complete the install. BUT, I'll have to remove again to install the Barricade skid plate I need to modify. The winch plate supports interfere with the skid plate.

Sponsored

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Gotcha so you are getting a double edged sword lol. Yea it can be a mess with all these options. Hopefully you can get your correct brackets and skid plate at the same time so you can kill two birds with one stone! Get ready also the fog light bolt holes are super tight quarters (especially if you have big hands) and the hardware with mine was SS so no help aligning or retrieving dropped hardware with a magnet.. it took some patience.

scituatedrev

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler 2DR
I just installed the Barricade Trail Force Bumper and the Axial LED fog lights - which did not fit. I decided to take an angle grinder to the metal rim to reduce the diameter. It helped them fit better, but they still sit back about an inch from the front of the bumper. Also, the screws don't line up with the bracket that is included. Happy to share a pic but it was a pain. Took me all afternoon.

Rssazn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Grand Cherokee L, BMW M5
I just installed the Barricade Trail Force Bumper and the Axial LED fog lights - which did not fit. I decided to take an angle grinder to the metal rim to reduce the diameter. It helped them fit better, but they still sit back about an inch from the front of the bumper. Also, the screws don't line up with the bracket that is included. Happy to share a pic but it was a pain. Took me all afternoon.
can you post some pics? I'm now running into this issue with my 2021 JL Willys LED Fogs.
Sponsored