Barricade HD Tire Carrier Making Noise

kaylajordan612

First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I installed a new tire carrier back in August since I upgraded to 35s. It’s a Barricade HD Tire Carrier with Mount. Over the past few months there’s been a LOT of squeaking noises coming from back there, but all the bolts are tight and I cannot for the life of me figure out where this noise is coming from.

I can hear it slightly when I close the tailgate but it makes the sound mainly when hitting bump / potholes or making a turn. When I hit the tire with my hand or try to shake the tire it doesn’t budge and I don’t hear the noise. I even tried putting some dampeners on any parts that are metal on metal because this is what it sounds like.

Could it be the mount itself against the tailgate? Like I said nothing seems to move.. sounds like it’s coming from the back right.

As you can see in the image (not my Jeep, just a pic from Google) I also had to replace the entire right side of the tailgate that locks into the frame itself. Is maybe something inside loose? UGH THE SOUND!!! It’s just so annoying and literally irking my soul when I drive 😂
Jeep Wrangler JL Barricade HD Tire Carrier Making Noise image
Sponsored