Gina

First Name
GiGi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Its mine yay :)
Can't be worse than on my motorcycle with all the leathers, helmet etc.
now I need to figure out how to get it from Florida to ME

2020-02-10 21_29_39-New & Used Vehicles _ Sunset DCJRF _ Sarasota, FL.png
Congratulations!! I am new to Jeep. Last month I purchased a 2018 silver 2 door (i4 turbo) with 3735 miles for $26,000. It has AC, but manual locks. I am having keyless entry and remote start installed. I have the rest of a bumper to bumper until June 2022 and power train for the remainder of 8 years. I cannot wait for it to warm up.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
congrats on the new ride. now fly down and enjoy the ride back. while you are passing thru the states, hit some of the trails. nothing beat pulling up into the driveway covered in mud.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
congrats on the new ride. now fly down and enjoy the ride back. while you are passing thru the states, hit some of the trails. nothing beat pulling up into the driveway covered in mud.
As tempting as it is we can't forget about proper break-in procedures! lol.

OP
OP
wranglerflx

wranglerflx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4runner 2019 wrangler sport
Congratulations!! I am new to Jeep. Last month I purchased a 2018 silver 2 door (i4 turbo) with 3735 miles for $26,000. It has AC, but manual locks. I am having keyless entry and remote start installed. I have the rest of a bumper to bumper until June 2022 and power train for the remainder of 8 years. I cannot wait for it to warm up.
How much were just the keyless locks ?
Also are you installing 1, 2 or 3 (drivers side, passenger side, rear gate)
I am not sure I am gonna do it - I kind of like the fact that i don't have to connect\disconnect anything when i will be removing the doors

Gina

First Name
GiGi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
How much were just the keyless locks ?
Also are you installing 1, 2 or 3 (drivers side, passenger side, rear gate)
I am not sure I am gonna do it - I kind of like the fact that i don't have to connect\disconnect anything when i will be removing the doors
I would like driver, passenger and rear gate. I can let you know the cost next week, as I have an appointment at the end of the month. A friend of a friend is installing the locks but I do not have a final price yet. It is my understanding they have to install actuators and take apart the doors. There is another thread on this forum where someone provided instructions to do it yourself, but I am certainly not equipped to do something like that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
wranglerflx

wranglerflx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cool let me know how it went and how much was the $damage

btw there are couple of 2door hard tops near you for around 2K if you are interested (check craigs)

Gina

First Name
GiGi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
cool let me know how it went and how much was the $damage

btw there are couple of 2door hard tops near you for around 2K if you are interested (check craigs)
Thank you! So far I am good with the soft top. Jeep makes them much better than they did years ago.

Update: The supplier sent the wrong parts for the keyless entry (sent JK parts), so I have to wait another two weeks. But the install company was still able to install the remote start, complete the wiring for the keyles entry and install FLCan and Prestige Car Start. The remote start and FLCan totaled $240 installed. The Carlink was $170 installed. So $458 for those three items.

Still reading about the features of the CarLink, but essentially you can use GPS to locate your vehicle at any time, and even check to see if the doors are locked or not. If they’re not, lock them right from the app. Additionally, use the CarLink app to start your car from anywhere you have cell phone service. It will even allow you to check your battery voltage status, so you’ll know when it’s time to go in for a replacement.

I will check back and provide a total for the keyless entry. I am also having him add auto lights (Headlamp Switch - Mopar (68292842AC). That part is $48 and not certain of the cost to install.

Last edited:

Gina

First Name
GiGi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Molar headlamp Switch installed plus keyless entry (driver, passsenger and rear gate) for $699 plus tax.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I purchased bone stock JL 2 door manual back in 2018 for $27K +tax. It worked well on road with 33's but burned clutch with 35's. Replaced clutch within first year. IMO Bare bone stock shouldn't carry that "Trail Rated" badge. Instead of breaking my bank on gears, axles, transfer-case, I preferred to trade it in for Rubicon model.
Well, they didnt say WHICH trail it was rated for.

OP
OP
wranglerflx

wranglerflx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Molar headlamp Switch installed plus keyless entry (driver, passsenger and rear gate) for $699 plus tax.
cool - can you share some pics ?
you know its the rear gate what kills me
I wish I can close shut\lock it like the other two doors
what does a headlamp mopar switch - I think you meant to say - do ?

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Update? You get it? What do you think?

Gina

First Name
GiGi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
cool - can you share some pics ?
you know its the rear gate what kills me
I wish I can close shut\lock it like the other two doors
what does a headlamp mopar switch - I think you meant to say - do ?
Yes, I meant to say Mopar. I had it installed and everything was put back together so I’m not certain I can send you any pictures. I can just tell you when I hit the unlock button all three locks unlock. So happy.
Sponsored