brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Did you check eBay? I just ordered one this weekend from there
You probably got the last one. It says it ended June 5. They only had 12 to sell.

Oh, I used a gauge pod I found for the Aeroforce Gauge. It's works wonderfully and is secure and matches like it came from the factory.

tempImageTFZUDI.jpg
I like your gauge pod set up a lot. Aeroforce is out of stock right now, but do you have pics of the back and how it looks? Curious if the wiring is run internally or comes out the back side
Sponsored

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
I like your gauge pod set up a lot. Aeroforce is out of stock right now, but do you have pics of the back and how it looks? Curious if the wiring is run internally or comes out the back side
The pod comes with the pod, screws, epoxy glue (if you don't want to screw it on) and that plastic piece next to it in the pic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner 1623343770492

That's the "template". You put that on your a-pillar plastic (which you have to remove to install this) as if it's the pod itself. Mark the whole for the two screws and the big hole for the wires. So to answer your question, the wires are completely hidden and integral when the pod installed and the gauge is in place.

The pod is designed for this sized gauge. The gauge fits a little loose but the directions state to wrap the gauge with some electrical tap to expand the gauge so it slides in snug. That's exactly what I did. Wrapped the gauge about 3 times with electrical tape and the gauge went into the pod nice and neat. The gauge can easily be pulled out but not so easily it will ever fall out. Just adjust the snugness with more or less tape around the gauge.

I took some more pics for ya! Very hard to get a good one through the windshield without the light needed to expose the gauge pod glaring in the photo.

Jeep Wrangler JL Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner 1623344694627

Jeep Wrangler JL Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner 1623344733449

Jeep Wrangler JL Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner 1623344754376

Last edited:

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I took some more pics for ya! Very hard to get a good one through the windshield without the light needed to expose the gauge pod glaring in the photo.

Jeep Wrangler JL Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner 1623344754376
Excellent work and this pic is perfect for showing how clean this pod will look. $100 is not cheap for a pod, but this one clearly looks worth it. Thanks for the extra effort to show the product. I hope them make some more soon so I can buy one.

This is where I wanted to wanted to mount a gauge and love how clean it looks.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Never mind, the link finally opened... just sold out apparently
Aeroforce messaged me back and said they should have some more in the next couple days. I've followed the seller so I will get notification when they do post them for sale. Just FYI to help.

Sponsored

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLUR 392 - Sarge Green
If anyone near Michigan is interested in one, please PM me. I just sold my JL Diesel for a JT and have my Derringer sitting in the box. Used for a couple months.

EDIT: Unit is sold.

Last edited:
Reactions: KNN

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
I forgot the tazer did 0 to 60 times. Not sure how accurate it is. I got a 6.62. I'm on stock axle and ratios. Running heavy 35x12.5s on fuel trophys. Metalcloak steel bumpers, RSE step sliders w armor. Maximus 3 tire carrier w rotopax. (empty). Squadbox (heavy 100 plus lbs). ARB compressor, tank, ect.. . Lots of little shit I'm sure adds up. Pretty surprised.

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
I just ordered mine yesterday. Not sure if anyone needs it but Banks has an install video that walks you through it.

Installation

Hope it's as good as ppl say!

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I just ordered mine yesterday. Not sure if anyone needs it but Banks has an install video that walks you through it.

Installation

dropped my 0-60 from 9.60 to 7.70 with very heavy 1tons and 40s

ColoJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 Rubicon
Have you tried installing? I've watched the install video several times. My fuel rail sensor is upside down from what's shown in the video making access to the tab almost impossible. I can just barely touch the tab but can't curl my fingers enough to put any pressure on it. I can't push the red lock back. Actually, I can even see the red locking tab. Is your orientated with the red locking mechanism on the top like shown on the installation video?

Installation

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

The pod comes with the pod, screws, epoxy glue (if you don't want to screw it on) and that plastic piece next to it in the pic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner trim.0ED8FB35-DD3E-4531-9C91-28D1F994214E.MOV

That's the "template". You put that on your a-pillar plastic (which you have to remove to install this) as if it's the pod itself. Mark the whole for the two screws and the big hole for the wires. So to answer your question, the wires are completely hidden and integral when the pod installed and the gauge is in place.

The pod is designed for this sized gauge. The gauge fits a little loose but the directions state to wrap the gauge with some electrical tap to expand the gauge so it slides in snug. That's exactly what I did. Wrapped the gauge about 3 times with electrical tape and the gauge went into the pod nice and neat. The gauge can easily be pulled out but not so easily it will ever fall out. Just adjust the snugness with more or less tape around the gauge.

Jeep Wrangler JL Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner trim.0ED8FB35-DD3E-4531-9C91-28D1F994214E.MOV

Can you take a picture with the visor down? I'm curious how much of the gauge is blocked from the visor or if the gauge limits how far the visor will go.