Sponsored

Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Do you have a contact at banks? I have called multiple times and multiple people told me not available yet.
Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I was considering buying the full banks kit. 2 gauges, the derringer and pedal monster. Still waiting to here overall feed back on performance boost.

I donā€™t think this will reduce regens since itā€™s just tricking the computer into giving more fuel and air. You would probably need to full tune for that. However the derringer has the advantage of being invisible to dealer once removed. I donā€™t think the flash tunes are, even if you flash it back to stock I think they can tells itā€™s been modified.
My jl Tazer says 1 full second off on the 0-60 on my 21 rubicon 1tons and 40s

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLUR 392 - Sarge Green
I ordered my Derringer with DataMonster gauge today. The guy I spoke to said they're still waiting for approval (as the website indicates), but I'm at least in queue to ship once they get the clearance. I'm excited to see the gains and am happy they've put the proper protections in place to protect the 8HP75. It's rated for 750 N.M. (553 ft. lbs), so the 460 ft. lbs they're showing at the wheels still leaves some headroom as it leaves 20% for drivetrain loss.

I would also assume a modern drivetrain is more efficient than the age old saying of 20%. In that case, it wouldn't be right at the rated limit.

GSLSE21B, you're very lucky to receive a system ahead of the launch!

EDIT: Received my shipping notification! I'll keep the group updated with results, and will post a video of the acceleration difference compared to stock. I'll also see about doing a comparison while towing.

Last edited:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The website says that 0-60 is improved by 1 second and the tuned Jeep will "get over 4 truck lengths ahead of stock in the 1/4 mile". Assuming a 90mph trap speed, 4 truck lengths is just shy of .5 seconds. Those two claims seem to be inconsistent with each other. For you numbers guys, did I make a math error?

Sponsored

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The website says that 0-60 is improved by 1 second and the tuned Jeep will "get over 4 truck lengths ahead of stock in the 1/4 mile". Assuming a 90mph trap speed, 4 truck lengths is just shy of .5 seconds. Those two claims seem to be inconsistent with each other. For you numbers guys, did I make a math error?
Acceleration won't be linear, and they'll have different slopes and potentially nonparallel torque curves. Not to mention the top speed will be different in the quarter, so 1 sec and 4 truck lengths seem to be in the realm of possibilities.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
Got the email today. Wife said hell no šŸ¤£ She said, sounds like something we don't need.
I said, well we didn't NEED the diesel either....

There was no response šŸ¤£
Ha! I sent the email to my wife since itā€™s really her Jeep and she replied with ā€œaww hell, why not!ā€

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I ordered my Derringer with DataMonster gauge today. The guy I spoke to said they're still waiting for approval (as the website indicates), but I'm at least in queue to ship once they get the clearance. I'm excited to see the gains and am happy they've put the proper protections in place to protect the 8HP75. It's rated for 750 N.M. (553 ft. lbs), so the 460 ft. lbs they're showing at the wheels still leaves some headroom as it leaves 20% for drivetrain loss.

I would also assume a modern drivetrain is more efficient than the age old saying of 20%. In that case, it wouldn't be right at the rated limit.

GSLSE21B, you're very lucky to receive a system ahead of the launch!

EDIT: Received my shipping notification! I'll keep the group updated with results, and will post a video of the acceleration difference compared to stock. I'll also see about doing a comparison while towing.
They are definitely shipping ASAP

Sponsored

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Update from Banks. Not sure how they're getting the same HP & torque for both the Ram & JL/JT.

&upscale=true&name=kingston-ecodiesel-derringer-v2.jpg
Derringer Tuner for 2020-21 3.0L EcoDiesel
Adds 57 hp, 73 lb-ft to RAM, JEEP JL, Gladiator

Shave a full second off your 0-60 time and get over 4 truck lengths ahead of a stock EcoDiesel in the 1/4 mile! Derringer makes getting onto the highway and merging effortless. And, towing is even easier now with its added 57 hp and 73 lb-ft of torque. And, with Derringer's patented ActiveSafetyĀ® features you can rest assured your RAM or JEEP's engine and transmission are protected. No other inline tuner offers the power and peace of mind that you'll get with Banks' Derringer.

Derringer for the 2020-21 EcoDiesel-powered RAM, Jeep JL, or Jeep Gladiator is available in three configurations.

All kits in stock!

Order here Derringer with iDash DataMonster [Part # 66797]
Order here Derringer with iDash SuperGauge [Part # 66798]
Order here Derringer for use with existing iDash [Part # 66799]

What is Derringer? Watch this video.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
So this is 100% guaranteed untraceable when unplugged if the motor goes poopoo?

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
So this is 100% guaranteed untraceable when unplugged if the motor goes poopoo?
It does not unlock your PCM so how will they detect anything? Not really possible unless you forget it hooked up inside the cab

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
All I want to know is:

1: What is the range on a full tank of diesel with this installed?
2: Does it drop the regens and make the engine more reliable?? I want a 4Runner like engine reliability (aka 350k to 500k miles)
Sponsored