First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Mine will be here tomorrow, I’ll compare it to my HPTUNERS .. if it can get to 34 psi , it should be similar
Dan,
When I was a young pup, I bought one of the first RX7 GSL-SEs (1984) when they came out. Is that what your screen name refers to?
Sponsored

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
I messaged Banks to see if the Derringer would work with the Tazer, or if it had a setting to disable the ESS. They said no, I wonder if the smartstartstop module will work with it?

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I messaged Banks to see if the Derringer would work with the Tazer, or if it had a setting to disable the ESS. They said no, I wonder if the smartstartstop module will work with it?
I just checked , it works fine . 34.9 psi and fuel pump is maxed out

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Did you receive it? Can’t wait to hear your thoughts.
Just tried it . Definitely added the boost . 34.9 psi and the fuel pump doesn’t seem like it wants to do its part . I’ll log some tests and see what it doing .

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Any other update? Is it worth the money or is it just so so?

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
I just checked , it works fine . 34.9 psi and fuel pump is maxed out
Were you able to get the Fuel pump issue worked out, other than the HP & torque numbers what im really interested in is how often it needs to go through regen cycle.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Were you able to get the Fuel pump issue worked out, other than the HP & torque numbers what im really interested in is how often it needs to go through regen cycle.
We drove it up to the rubicon about 80 mph , wheeled in for a few hours and drove back . It started a regen when I was almost home . It’s 80+ miles to loon , we had around 3hours crawling time , then 80+ miles back .
I was expecting a regen right after the low speed crawling and idle time .
doing a firmware update today . It started a regen after my 160 mile round trip and 4 hours of wheeling /idle time at the rubicon .

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
We drove it up to the rubicon about 80 mph , wheeled in for a few hours and drove back . It started a regen when I was almost home . It’s 80+ miles to loon , we had around 3hours crawling time , then 80+ miles back .
I was expecting a regen right after the low speed crawling and idle time .

doing a firmware update today . It started a regen after my 160 mile round trip and 4 hours of wheeling /idle time at the rubicon .
Seems odd that the 80mph return trip wouldn’t lower your soot levels passively

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
I was considering buying the full banks kit. 2 gauges, the derringer and pedal monster. Still waiting to here overall feed back on performance boost.

I don’t think this will reduce regens since it’s just tricking the computer into giving more fuel and air. You would probably need to full tune for that. However the derringer has the advantage of being invisible to dealer once removed. I don’t think the flash tunes are, even if you flash it back to stock I think they can tells it’s been modified.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I was considering buying the full banks kit. 2 gauges, the derringer and pedal monster. Still waiting to here overall feed back on performance boost.

I don’t think this will reduce regens since it’s just tricking the computer into giving more fuel and air. You would probably need to full tune for that. However the derringer has the advantage of being invisible to dealer once removed. I don’t think the flash tunes are, even if you flash it back to stock I think they can tells it’s been modified.
Yes , I also have hptuners . When you first unlock the ecu it set a tampered code that cannot be removed
Sponsored