Sponsored

Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
Except that 3rd party tuners are reportedly able to pass emissions standards with better fuel economy, better power, less DEF, fewer regens etc. FCA doesn’t have a vastly different tune simply to appease the EPA/CARB. They are weighing trade-offs that the tuners aren’t transparent about or simply don’t understand.
Ok, you can believe that, but it is specifically to appease the EPA. I've been getting every single car ive owned tuned since 2003. That first one went to 175k, 2 others over 120k (traded them in) and currently my ram (only has 30k miles). I doubt the tuners are as clean and the oem one but its just enough to pass emissions (probably not in communist cali).
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
If I lived in a state that would cancel my registration once they discovered that I modified MY property to make it last longer and require less fuel to operate, I'd pack up and move to another state.

Maybe that's one reason there are UHaul caravans leaving California weekly.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I think Oracle decided to move its HQ to Texas, maybe people are finally had it with the powers to be in CA.

I dont understand why the EPA and whatnot get so upset about folks modifying tunes, the # doing so is so miniscule, wont impact air quality, suprised no pol says, pay a 1 time fee and you can modify your tune and skip the inspection, sort of like free revenue for the state.

Kind of like legalizing all the other vices, as long as the state collects $$ they are more than happy to turn their heads.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Kind of like legalizing all the other vices, as long as the state collects $$ they are more than happy to turn their heads.
I suspect the difference is that vice taxes address victimless crimes. Only the smoker/gambler/etc... are impacted by their behavior. I'm not a big EPA fan, but pollution tends to impact society as a whole.

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Small update I received from Banks:

3.jpg?width=1120&upscale=true&name=20210203_110003.jpg
Derringer Tuner for 2019+ EcoDiesel RAM and Jeep
Chassis dyno testing and final calibration is concluding this week on the upcoming Banks Derringer turner for 2019 and up RAMs and Jeeps equipped with the 3.0-liter EcoDiesel engine. The launch of the tuner is imminent, and owners can expect the class-leading horsepower and torque along with Banks’ exclusive ActiveSafety features which ensure delivery of the most power available, while protecting the engine and powertrain.

Derringer will be paired with your choice of iDash DataMonster or iDash SuperGauge and you can add PedalMonster for the ultimate in throttle sensitivity control. Stay tuned for power numbers, details and data!

Sponsored

ArielPR

First Name
Zed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Which is the difference between iDash DataMonster and the iDash SuperGauge?

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Very excited to see results. I still plan a full tune and delete when I get near the end of the warranty.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Very excited to see results. I still plan a full tune and delete when I get near the end of the warranty.
The canadians seem to be in no rush to supply what you and many others are after.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Small update was just sent.

ale=true&name=john-kingston-ecodiesel-v1-derringer.jpg
Derringer tuner coming for 2020+ RAM EcoDiesel
We're just a few weeks away from releasing the NEW Derringer tuner for the 2020-2021 3.0L EcoDiesel-powered RAM 1500, Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator.

The OBD-connected module adds an impressive yet safe 57 horsepower and 73 lb-ft of torque and is available with either iDash DataMonster or iDash SuperGauge. And, the system integrates seamlessly with the popular PedalMonster throttle booster to make your EcoDiesel feel and act like an entirely new truck And best of all, the Derringer is packed with all the same great patented safety features as our other Derringer tuners. ActiveSafety health monitoring circuitry puts the module back to stock should it detect any internal or external issues. Just like the stock ECM, Derringer pulls back its added power when EGTs hit 1450°F. If it detects transmission slip, again, it pulls back its added power. And, thanks to it's unique OBD-connectivity, it monitors speed, gear, coolant temp, torque converter lockup and more than a dozen temps and pressures. Derringer also compensates for altitude!

What does 57 additional horsepower feel like? It shaves a full second off your quarter-mile time. That means getting onto the highway and merging is now effortless.

If you'd like to be notified when Derringer is available for your EcoDiesel, click the link below, view the test data, and drop in your email address.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I’m excited to see a review on this
is there a way to mount the super gauge onto the grab handle?

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Mine will be here tomorrow, I’ll compare it to my HPTUNERS .. if it can get to 34 psi , it should be similar
Are you saying you already ordered a derringer? I checked yesterday and it appeared to be waiting on emissions approval.
Sponsored