Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Bump. Can you use the Tazer to change tire size/gear ratio then unplug it and use the Derringer in the OBD2 port after that?
Derringer hooks to the fuel pressure sensor and map sensor under the hood .
Sponsored

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
1. Not any better, probably less.
2. No and No.

I asked them these exact questions a few weeks ago and used the upcoming GDE tune as comparison. Banks response was simply that this is a performance tune so those questions weren’t a factor. Based off that I decided this was a no go. I’ll wait for the reputable GDE tune to come out and hope they figure out a way to do it without an ECM unlock.
Thank you for confirming this. Thats what i was afraid of, that this is only a performance tune :/

I just installed a full front runner roof rack and now my range dropped because of wind resistance, getting 23MPG now which is not bad, but i cant drive 75MPH anymore.. it will drop it to 20MPG and the range will drop too for sure!

I need the GDE tune so i can get my range back and more power and HP will mean i can get my highway top speed back!

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Derringer hooks to the fuel pressure sensor and map sensor under the hood .
Preciate the response. Are you running
I have the tazerJL ,derringer and idash all hooked up at the same time
Good to know! Thanks for the response. Are you running a splitter for the iDash and TazerJL? Do you have the Pedalmonster as well?

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Preciate the response. Are you running

Good to know! Thanks for the response. Are you running a splitter for the iDash and TazerJL? Do you have the Pedalmonster as well?
TazerJL doesn’t use the OBD port , it replaces the security gateway module

Sponsored

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler roubicon ecodiesel
Occupation
Military
New here..first post..are there any videos on how the banks derringer was installed on a jlu ecodiesel. I watched a video from banks on a gladiator and it only showed two connectors being hooked up and the harness that was sent to me has four On it. I’m also wondering how people ran it through the firewall as I’m scared to drill a hole if I don’t need to LOL

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
There’s already a plug on the firewall right behind the Windshield washer reservoir filler. If you’ve got skinny fingers or long needle nose pliers, you can pop that out drill a hole through it and go right through there.

image.jpg

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Awesome! Appreciate that info. Now if I can find out about the four terminals my cord came with, I should be able to hook it up

lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
TazerJL doesn’t use the OBD port , it replaces the security gateway module
So my Tazer JL is plugged to OBD2 port and bypass module installed behind the dash.

From what I understand, the derringer requires to use idash gauge which connect to OBD2.

can you show me your setup please?

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
So my Tazer JL is plugged to OBD2 port and bypass module installed behind the dash.

From what I understand, the derringer requires to use idash gauge which connect to OBD2.

can you show me your setup please?
If you have the original tazerJL , you would need a splitter to use them both

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Awesome! Appreciate that info. Now if I can find out about the four terminals my cord came with, I should be able to hook it up
1 pair is for the fuel pressure sensor and one pair is for the map sensor . The derringer is “in line” with the oem sensors

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
1 pair is for the fuel pressure sensor and one pair is for the map sensor . The derringer is “in line” with the oem sensors
Alright...so when i unplug the “stock sensors” to plug in the derringer harness, i just simply unplug them and then plug the derringer into them both...that way theres no plugs left unplugged when completed ...i hate electrical and i have fried stuff before lol, so appreciate the patience from everyone.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Alright...so when i unplug the “stock sensors” to plug in the derringer harness, i just simply unplug them and then plug the derringer into them both...that way theres no plugs left unplugged when completed ...i hate electrical and i have fried stuff before lol, so appreciate the patience from everyone.
Curious to see how you like the derringer and how it effects your MPG

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Yes , the fuel pressure and map have one male and 1 female to Intercept The signal between stock sensors and wire harness
1 pair is inline (male to female) with the fuel pressure sender and stock harness. 1 pair in line with stock map sensor and harness

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
If you have the original tazerJL , you would need a splitter to use them both
So TazerMini + Banks is the way to go. Duly noted
Sponsored