Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner

OP
OP
AnnDee4444

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
It does not unlock your PCM so how will they detect anything? Not really possible unless you forget it hooked up inside the cab
I'm surprised they haven't started putting tamper seals on the ECU connectors.
Sponsored

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
I'm surprised they haven't started putting tamper seals on the ECU connectors.
They probably will in the next body style.. unless they are sure no one can crack they PCM..

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
So this is 100% guaranteed untraceable when unplugged if the motor goes poopoo?
They can always see that your pedal at full throttle was showing 20% low fuel and boost while the TCM was showing excessive slip

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I ordered my Derringer with DataMonster gauge today. The guy I spoke to said they're still waiting for approval (as the website indicates), but I'm at least in queue to ship once they get the clearance. I'm excited to see the gains and am happy they've put the proper protections in place to protect the 8HP75. It's rated for 750 N.M. (553 ft. lbs), so the 460 ft. lbs they're showing at the wheels still leaves some headroom as it leaves 20% for drivetrain loss.

I would also assume a modern drivetrain is more efficient than the age old saying of 20%. In that case, it wouldn't be right at the rated limit.

GSLSE21B, you're very lucky to receive a system ahead of the launch!

EDIT: Received my shipping notification! I'll keep the group updated with results, and will post a video of the acceleration difference compared to stock. I'll also see about doing a comparison while towing.
My idash just died today in the middle of a trip . Not a very quality piece 4/30-5/20

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Banks just delivered a new idash overnight FedEx . Plugged in and working again 👍

Sponsored

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
I just ordered the pedal monster stand alone model, can I add the tuner and super guage to the stand alone pedal monster later?

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
All I want to know is:

1: What is the range on a full tank of diesel with this installed?
2: Does it drop the regens and make the engine more reliable?? I want a 4Runner like engine reliability (aka 350k to 500k miles)
1. Not any better, probably less.
2. No and No.

I asked them these exact questions a few weeks ago and used the upcoming GDE tune as comparison. Banks response was simply that this is a performance tune so those questions weren’t a factor. Based off that I decided this was a no go. I’ll wait for the reputable GDE tune to come out and hope they figure out a way to do it without an ECM unlock.

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Anyone use derringer with tazerJL?
Bump. Can you use the Tazer to change tire size/gear ratio then unplug it and use the Derringer in the OBD2 port after that?