1. DezertTitan

DezertTitan Active Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Aside from the front ring, is there any way to identify the sport from the pro versions?

Back story:
    Tuesday I ordered the Squadron Pros off Amazon. Found a heck of a deal & ordering the cowl mounts from BD & the squadron lights separately ended up saving me quite a bit of money. Just before I pulled the trigger I found a better price, also thru Amazon on a pair of “used/like new” lights. I expected like-new to mean a return item so they may or may not have been mounted, possibly some minor scratches.

Well what arrived we’re some sun bleached looking cubes with rub marks & hard water stains (around the threads where water would sit). The Amber (not clear) lens & lens rings look brand new & “Sport” not Pro. The wire coming off the cube looks like it’d been in the sun as well, and is really apparent when you look at the new parts bag.

This shipped from Amazon. Could it have been some knucklehead with a parts bag “replacing” damaged looking pieces so they can re-list as “like new” and just put the wrong part on? One thing is pretty obvious, some $h!thead returned their used lights in place of a brand new set. Just wondering if these are actual Pros or not. Either way they’re going back to Amazon. I can order a new set & have them Sunday.

2. OP
    OP
    DezertTitan

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Have had some time to cool down... still pissed tho. Submitted the return request with Amazon on these lights & ordered a new set. Whatever application these were hooked up for before they were Returned, the mouth breather cut the damn cable awfully short. There's barely 6" to work with. Makes me wonder if there's enough to cleanly tuck & hide a splice. I reviewed a couple unboxing videos trying to find a way to tell the two apart. Besides having a full pigtail, with a connector still present, I'm seein housings that are still semi glossy. These ones I received have the same dull, weathered look as the Rigids on my work truck which are a few years old.

3. PavementWarrior

PavementWarrior Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Gary
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 2 door JL
    Liked:
    ya that sucks, amazon returns are amazingly smooth atleast.

4. OP
    OP
    DezertTitan

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    That is very true.

5. BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns Well-Known Member
    Rock Sponsor (Level 1)

Vehicle(s):
    Non-Applicable
    Liked:
    There are a few other methods for determining what model the light is. We can look at the LEDs and tell you if it's a Pro or Sport. It sounds like you received Sports and already started the return process. Let us know if you have any questions once you receive the Pros. Sorry about the inconvenience. Hopefully, Amazon gets it resolved ASAP

6. OP
    OP
    DezertTitan

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Thanks for the response. I did get the return started with Amazon, but I didn't want to mail it off until I could compare the two. I'll be mailing the first set off tomorrow. Bit frustrated over getting screwed on a good deal but I can't blame you guys for that. The new set, however, looks great! I'm still waiting on the mounting brackets. Ordered them last Tuesday.

Anyhow, here are some side-by-sides of the two.

New vs Used.jpg

New vs Used 2.jpg

7. BajaDesigns

BajaDesigns Well-Known Member
    Rock Sponsor (Level 1)

Vehicle(s):
    Non-Applicable
    Liked:
    Definitely Pros vs. Sports. I can't believe someone cut the cord on the Sports. Definitely seems like a return that Amazon didn't inspect before re-shipping out.

8. OP
    OP
    DezertTitan

First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle(s):
    JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Such is my luck LOL. So I called BD's customer service to find out whats goin on with the mounts I ordered. Only thing I've received since I ordered them was an Email confirming my purchase. Turns out they're out of stock & sounds like if i'm lucky, mid next week to April before I'll receive them. Unfortunately there was nothing on the website stating as much. I found them on another website that says they're in stock. and placed an order. Once I get confirmation they're shipped I'll cancel the first order.