donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
With the three day weekend, I finally have time to install my Baja lights.

I dusted them off, and realized they all have a one foot long harness on the ends.

Is it safe to cut the end off and use waterproof connectors and some proper wire to run to my AUX switch cables under the hood?

I would *love* to use AUX 1 to power both sets of lights at the same time, not sure though if the 15A rating on AUX 1 will work?

If not I suppose I can use AUX 1 for one set, and AUX 2 for the second set, but hoping to use AUX 1 for both.

The product names:
  • Baja Squadron Sport Spot
  • Baja Squadron Sport Wide Cornering
Anyone know what AWG rating is used by Baja for these lights?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback!

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Squadron Sport Spot & Wide Cornering wiring question Baja-lights

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Squadron Sport Spot & Wide Cornering wiring question Baja-wiri

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Squadron Sport Spot & Wide Cornering wiring question 51kmTsRThrL._AC_SL1000_
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Aux 1 and 2 are 40amp rated. 3 and 4 are 15amp. So, Aux 1 should supply plenty of juice to the 4 lights. Look up the amp draw for the lights on Baja’s website to make sure.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
With the three day weekend, I finally have time to install my Baja lights.

I dusted them off, and realized they all have a one foot long harness on ghd ends.

Is it safe to cut the end off and use waterproof connectors and some proper wire to run to my AUX switch cables under the hood?

I would *love* to use AUX 1 to power both sets of lights at the same time, not sure though if the 15A rating on AUX 1 will work?

If not I suppose I can use AUX 1 for one set, and AUX 2 for the second set, but hoping to use AUX 1 for both.

The product names:
  • Baja Squadron Sport Spot
  • Baja Squadron Sport Wide Cornering
Anyone know what AWG rating is used by Baja for these lights?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback!

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Squadron Sport Spot & Wide Cornering wiring question 51kmTsRThrL._AC_SL1000_

Those are 2A each so all 4 off a 15A Aux circuit is not a problem.

OP
OP
donmontalvo

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Aux 1 and 2 are 40amp rated. 3 and 4 are 15amp. So, Aux 1 should supply plenty of juice to the 4 lights. Look up the amp draw for the lights on Baja’s website to make sure.
My apologies, you're right...I meant I want to switch both sets on/off using AUX 3 or AUX 4.
SWITCHED:
Aux 1 (F93 - 40A) Brown/pink stripe
Aux 2 (F92 - 40A) Green/pink stripe
Aux 3 (F103 - 15A) Pink/orange stripe
Aux 4 (F108 - 15A) Blue/pink stripe
+------------+------------+
| Aux 1 (40) | Aux 2 (15) |
| Aux 2 (40) | Aux 4 (15) |
UNSWITCHED:
Ignition (F50 - 10A) Orange/pink stripe
Direct Battery (F72 - 10A) Red/white stripe = Direct to Battery

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
donmontalvo

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Each light is 2.1 amps, 8.4 total. Should be fine on aux 3 or 4.
Thanks, I tried looking for the amp information, not sure why I couldn't find it.

OP
OP
donmontalvo

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I tried looking for the amp information, not sure why I couldn't find it.
Followup question, anyone know what AWG rating on the wires I need to source?

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I am so sorry, looks like I passed on some misinformation. I read 26watts on the BD site for LP4pro. Possibly on the wrong light. Today while talking to BD on my setup he told me they were 5.5 amps each. I rechecked BD site https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/LP4-Pro-LED.asp and it say they are 6.5 amp 60 watts and 1 amp for the sides. That would be 7.5 amp each and maxed on a 15 amp switch I then checked LP6pro and it said 6.5 amp 90 watts. It's not adding up. If you use their harness with the relay it will not matter, you are only picking the relay.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I am so sorry, looks like I passed on some misinformation. I read 26watts on the BD site for LP4pro. Possibly on the wrong light. Today while talking to BD on my setup he told me they were 5.5 amps each. I rechecked BD site https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/LP4-Pro-LED.asp and it say they are 6.5 amp 60 watts and 1 amp for the sides. That would be 7.5 amp each and maxed on a 15 amp switch I then checked LP6pro and it said 6.5 amp 90 watts. It's not adding up. If you use their harness with the relay it will not matter, you are only picking the relay.
He's not asking about LP4 Pro's. He's asking about Squadron Sports which are 2A each on the BD site.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/images/Squadron Sport Data Sheet.pdf

Can we slow down and read the OP's request instead of confusing him?

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392

Sponsored

OP
OP
donmontalvo

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I guess I was looking at the right light. Been a rough week. I am 65, not a lot of time left. Gota go fast, thats why I got the 392.
I'm 60, there's plenty of time left, enjoy it. ;)

Reactions: MOC

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Those Baja lights already have waterproof connectors. No need to cut and replace. If they are like my purchase Baja included the mating connector and pins to connect with your wiring.

OP
OP
donmontalvo

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Those Baja lights already have waterproof connectors. No need to cut and replace. If they are like my purchase Baja included the mating connector and pins to connect with your wiring.
I dug up some cables that I used on the last Jeep, when I had the lights connected to the fog light switch.

But since these aren't SAE, and since my JLUR has strong fog lights, I plan to use AUX 3 or 4 switch, wiring both pairs to the leads under the hood.

I have an sPOD that I might not use anymore, since the four AUX switches are enough. I am trying to decide on a solar panel, power distribution, and battery kit. Stuff that's wired to the kit will have its own toggle switches. RTT lights, AC/USB outlets, etc.

Jeep Wrangler JL Baja Squadron Sport Spot & Wide Cornering wiring question IMG_0157

OP
OP
donmontalvo

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@NJJeep Guy I spent the weekend looking for the mating connector and pins that you mentioned.

I do remember seeing some strang extra wiring parts, not sure if I kept it or threw it away. #hangsheadinshame

I have plenty of the weather proof connectors left over, they're rated higher than what's needed, so I'll go with them.
Sponsored