Sponsored

Baja Designs XL-R Sport (pair) installation

dave12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Hello,

I have looked around quite a bit but it seems I cannot find much installation explanation for the Baja Designs XL-R Sport lights. I thought it would be similar to the non-XL Sport lights, but the harness seems to be different and I am not sure what to do to remove the switch properly, as well as the relay and fuse (should I remove that?) to connect all that to my JL auxiliary switch.

The harness has separated connectors for both lights all going to the relay, but if I remove the relay, how can I plug both lights to the same aux switch (I'd like to use #3).

I think I do not need the relay and fuse (and switch, obviously), as I will use the built-in JL aux switch bank that contains all that is required. I am not that much of knowledgable in that kind of electrical stuff, but I thought I'd be fine to go if it was similar harnesses to the non-XL, but now I think I'd prefer to have some help about all that. :angel:

So, does anyone know where I could find such explanation/instructions? Anyone done it and could give me some cues?

Thanks a lot! 💡
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

dave12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
I updated my post a little bit and I have been looking to the harness a lot, but I think one of the things that bug me the most is how to connect both lights to the same aux switch.

How do I merge both lights wires to a single positive/ground end? Should I use a T-tap or Scotchlok connector or something like that?

As I said, I'm not a pro electricity guy so even some basic advice on just that would be helpful.

(Sorry for the noob questions)

Thanks again! 🤓

Last edited: