Sponsored

Baja Designs Squadron-R Fog Pocket Kit Impressions

N5lp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and 2019 2 door Wrangler Rubicon
The installation yesterday was very easy. Remove the factory LED fog lights and install the BD lights in the bumper using the new mounting brackets. Excess cables were thrown away and only the adapter cable was used. Plug and play. The only attempt at aiming was to try to mount the lights flush with the bumper cut outs.

I have seen many lighting reviews that use autoexposure cameras. That is self defeating. I wanted to know actual differences with a fixed camera exposure setting, so that is what I did yesterday at dusk.

I did no test with the stock fog lights. my impression is that the differences are that the factory light is broader and brightness differences are only at very short distances.

The first pair of photos are at dusk comparing factory high beams to factory low beams combined with the BD LEDs.

DSC_9142.jpg

Factory High Beams

DSC_9141.jpg

Factory Low Beams with BD LEDs

DSC_9143.jpg

Front shot to show color temperature

DSC_9150.jpg

Factory High Beam Pattern

DSC_9149.jpg

Low Beam combined with BD LEDs

The factory high beams and the factory low beams combined with the BD LEDs seem pretty similar in the far distance. The high beams are more focused. Closer up, the BD LEDs put out much more light and in a broader pattern. It almost seems like you could drive with the BDs on, though I don't plan to do that.

Please disregard the last photo. I'm having trouble deleting it.

image.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Did you get the pro or sport? Are you happy with them? You don't seem very clear in the the review how much of an improvement over the stock lights they are. I do not have LED fogs and am going to be very interested in upgrading as the days start getting shorter.

OP
OP
N5lp

N5lp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and 2019 2 door Wrangler Rubicon
Did you get the pro or sport? Are you happy with them? ...
I have the Pro. Quite happy with the improved coverage to the sides and brighter light until you get into the further distances.

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
Baja lights are really good quality. I used to run Rigids, but have switched over to Baja's.

I plan on running these in my bumper when I finally get it. Along with the LP6's.

Great review!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the pro or sport? Are you happy with them? You don't seem very clear in the the review how much of an improvement over the stock lights they are. I do not have LED fogs and am going to be very interested in upgrading as the days start getting shorter.
They're a significant improvement over the stock...not even in the same class.

Post #12037 shows them on simultaneously (I have the pros).

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-your-jeep-jl-today.3033/page-803#post-555690
Sponsored